Horseshoe in snow..

rocks

Reaction score
I just got back from the Horseshoe pass..wow.. lots of snow up there..
Roads were wet, but otherwise ok. Though i didnt dare try to park in the Ponderosa's carpark.. was full of peoples cars and lots and lots of snow..

Seems half the populace of wrexham were out sledging..lol..
I dont blame them.. was a might cold in the breeze, but when out of the wind and in the sunshine.. what a cracking day. Sorry no photo's..
Was too cold to take my hands out the gloves..

Anyone else out this weekend?

Yep! Just got back in from a ride from Swansea to Brecon, then up over Eppynt to Rhayader, back down to Buith Wells for a coffee & toasted tea-cake in the Little Chef before heading back home. Lots of snow and sledges on the Beacons and LOTS of snoe on the Eppynt!!! Lovely!!! :thumb

Rode from Kingsley down the A483 and A495 towards Llanfair on Wednesday night and woke to a lovely scattering of snow on Thursday.

Came back up today.

The snow looked beautiful on the Welsh Hills.

Bloody cold too!

i was there too and i saw another bike parked in the carpark and i went in. i wish i never had. full of snow, very slippery and hard to keep my heavy bike steady on the snow. what time was it i didnt see you? :beerjug:

GSXR..

I went passed about 1.20pm.. road up.. was hoping to pull infor a coffee, but spying the snow and ice, and spotting a lone blue and white GSXR trying to slide his way out. I road passed.. went down the other side, turned around and came back up.. the gixer was gone.. and tootled past and on my way back to Denbigh..

I wasnt going to risk the carpark..lots of cars and too much ice...

though i could have really done with a coffee.. lol..

:D

rocks said:
the Horseshoe pass
Ponderosa's carpark

I can't find it on my map: -can you please tell me the name of a village near by?
-Is it a fun place for me to visit next summer, in July?

:) Liv.

Llangollen is the nearest place to the Horseshoe pass - lovely part of the world

No snow here at the moment though :cool: :cool: :cool:

i was there about three oclock-after you and i got a 1150 av silver. i hope i can see you there and offer you a cup of coffee. Romeo :beer:

Ponderosa..

Liv..Its well worth a visit, especially at a weekend, lots of bikers and lots of nice roads around there,, just watch out for the old speed limits in the summer.. lots of police to go with the lots of bikers..lol..

If your passing this way, give me a shout, will show you some routes etc..

Romeo..your on.. mine is a manderin 1150.. I am based in Buckley.

Was going to head out here again today, but went out to Oulton Park and then Beeston Castle and Peckforton Castle and then Broxton roundabout where there IAM were out in force.. must have been 15 of them doing free obersved rides, touting for custom.. must sign up one day.. sounds good fun.

i am from wrexham, i will like to meet another gs rider i am usually a solo rider. be in touch Romeo. :beerjug:

rocks said:
Liv..Its well worth a visit, especially at a weekend, lots of bikers and lots of nice roads around there,, just watch out for the old speed limits in the summer.. lots of police to go with the lots of bikers..lol..

If your passing this way, give me a shout, will show you some routes etc..

Thank you all for help!

And thank you Rocks for the offfer:
Knut (K-nut) and me are going to stay in Newtown (Drenewydd) for two nights, I guess. From July 11th to 13th.
Perhaps Timolgra are going to show us some fun roads; we don't know for sure yet.
But we would be happy to meet you (and the rest of the UKGS'ers in Wales!) while we are there! :beer:

Liv said:
Thank you all for help!

And thank you Rocks for the offfer:
Knut (K-nut) and me are going to stay in Newtown (Drenewydd) for two nights, I guess. From July 11th to 13th.
Perhaps Timolgra are going to show us some fun roads; we don't know for sure yet.
But we would be happy to meet you (and the rest of the UKGS'ers in Wales!) while we are there! :beer:

Who knows LIV...I may pop down there as well :thumb

rcc54 said:
Good security on your Bikes??? Do not publicise The dates or location. :nono :nono
I guess you are right.
But do you really think the scum bags want our bikes? It's not GS...
And we don't know what hotel yet.

Hmmm.... -How to tell you guys and not the thieves?
They can be right here, looged in and seem to be a nice man/woman - who knows? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom