Halvarssons Kit

Deleted account 210609001

Reaction score
I'm in the market for some new kit, and one option is the Halvarssons textile "safety suit". Saw it at the bike show and was impressed by it and its claism to versatility, have looked on the web (www.jofama.se) and they have it in stock at a local-ish dealer. It isn't cheap, though.

Before I get too excited, has anyoen here used it? The alternative might be an Aerostich suit (depending on when my friend in the US can bring it over with him).

Thanks

Robin.

Whilst it may not seem cheap at first glance, Jacket £499 and Trousers £399, reading the catalouge you actually get the safety jacket which is the inside bit, a fully water and wind proof outer jacket and a lighter ventilated summer jacket. Both these can be worn with out the safety jacket so this gives you 4 options. The same goes for the trousers. The catalouge has a wide range of clothing from full-on one piece leathers to off road sweat shirts. The quality looks good and is competitively priced.

It got a first class write up in RIDE magazine. They gave it 54/55, only losing that one mark for letting a tiny drop of water in at the neck ( :eek ).

They praised it for being as safe as leathers. If its any indication of quality, i was talking to a jofama dealer in Wales, and they said its the best textile kit they have EVER sold, they also stock all leading brands too.

I bought their gloves a month ago. Little known yet but what a pair of gloves!! Only paid £38 for their version of Goretex gloves...Brilliant :clap

The only reason I haven't bought the suit is because my legs are too short between hip and knee. It really is the best on the market.

Mutley
Can't you have your legs made longer?
You know it's worth it. :D

Got the Korax jacket and Cobra pants last weekend, Looks and feels quality kit, removable thermal linings and loads of armour bought the optional back protector as well. Looks smart and fits well all for the price of the BM jacket without back protector. :thumb
I would give it a good looking at before they realise its a bargin and put the prices up "in line with the rest of the market"
Got a very tasty pair of Bearing summer gloves as well feel better than my old GS summer ones and half the price.

abrasion said:
Mutley
Can't you have your legs made longer?
You know it's worth it. :D

People keep sending me emails about it but I'm not sure, well I think it's my leg anyway :confused:

Textiles suits

Consider a RUKKA suit. Had an Aerostich and couldnt get on with it, but have been using RUKKA for some 7 years now, and it had NEVER leaked, full 5 year guarentee and is both warm in the winter/cool in the summer. Better than the BMW kit i have as well. Top Stuff. :cool:

RichieS said:
Consider a RUKKA suit. Had an Aerostich and couldnt get on with it, but have been using RUKKA for some 7 years now, and it had NEVER leaked, full 5 year guarentee and is both warm in the winter/cool in the summer. Better than the BMW kit i have as well. Top Stuff. :cool:

Couldn't agree more, top stuff.

Try here: www.biker-land.de much cheaper than UK

Robin said:
I'm in the market for some new kit, and one option is the Halvarssons textile "safety suit". Saw it at the bike show and was impressed by it and its claism to versatility, have looked on the web (www.jofama.se) and they have it in stock at a local-ish dealer. It isn't cheap, though.

Halvarsson/Jofama/Lindstrand has been a very popular brand here in Norway and their quality and service is great.
/Conclusion start
Yesterday i read a test of the safety-suit and it concluded that the safety was superb, the only sownside was that i maybe was a bit bulky and heavy off bike.
Conclusion end/

Myself just bougt a slightly used Rukka Air Power 2-piece suit, seems like it maybe is going to be a bit cold early season up her so i'll be looking for a heated west or something...

Back
Top Bottom