Back to Bikes

andyclift

Reaction score
Anyone remember the Bexleyheath and District Motorcycle Club. I was a member in the 1960s and coveted the big BMW driven by one of the club oldies. I had an Ariel Arrow Super Sports followed by a BSA Gold Flash with sidecar which did the IOM TT circuit and blew up on the National Rally a few weeks later (maybe the way I rode the TT circuit had something to do with that)

Anyway, company cars and kids (and the money they cost) put an end to biking for too many years but eventually back with various bikes including FJ1200 and VFR - but at last I have done it. I have my BMW.

It's a bit different to the one I coveted all those years ago but last November I took delivery of a brand new R1200GS - and its bloody wonderful. Already done about 4000 miles and looking forward to Summer.

Maybe BMW still has a bit of an old fart image but do I care.I am an old fart now but this bike makes me into a 20 year old again.

Hi Andy......welcome to the site....and welcome to GSing :clap
As you`ve seen,there`s nowt 'old fart' about a GS.....it`s BMW`s best kept secret... :D

Enjoy :thumb

Back
Top Bottom