Help Needed re Engine Bars

Great Bear

I am looking at buying a R 1150GS in the near future but due to my disability (stiff right leg) I will need to ride forward foot pegs mounted on engine bars. The BMW and Jama bars look the most suitable for modification. ( I can stand on normal pegs for off road riding and I can have handlebar controls fitted to operate rear brake.)
So does anyone with these bars fitted to a R 1150GS agree with their suitability and/or suggest any modification?

Cheers...Great Bear :cool:

highway pegs

www.micatech.net have highway pegs coming out soon, for hepco and becker bars and for bmw bars.. (different diamaters)

they use the same billet mouts as they do for the lights

i have one on order, but they r not ready yet..

ive seen some cool peg set ups but most are very expensive, the micatech will be one of the cheapest and should be very adaptable..

one where you bolt ot the side of the engine from wunderlich

attachment.php

elf pegs from cyclegadgets are brilliant but expensive (350dollars)
Elf_Open_250.jpg

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=ELF

and there is one other from a guy who has a thing that bolts on and lets you rest your legs on top of the engine.. nice idea but again 300 dollars.. and doesnt really fit withe engine bars id say..

it all depends on how neat you want it to be i suppose..

regards n good luck

pthagonal

Living in Shropshire, I suggest you have a word with Vern, our resident GS super-engineer. There's no telling what his innovative mind could come up with, and it would be custom-made.

Many thanks Pthagonal and Scurrell for your replies to my query. Yes I agree Miatech could be a possible. The Wunderlich and Elf Pegs, mounted on the cylinder head are a neat idea but not far enough forward for my stiff straight leg.
I've heard nothing from Vern and as it looks like these are all the replies I'm going to get I just have to keep looking.

Cheers...Great Bear

Great Bear

Have you tried riding the bike with your leg resting on the top of the cylinder head?

I've got a dodgy knee that can ache on long runs & I've found that the solution is to take my foot off the peg & rest it as above. Even with the H&B bars fitted its quite comfortable!

Worth a try when you consider the cost of some of these mods.......

Hi Ralphy.

Used to ride like that with BMWs I've owned in the past. Been unable to ride for the past 8 years due to my stiff leg, so too be able to ride comfortably for rides of up to 2 hours and of course safely I think I do need some sort of foot pegs fitted out front. Don't worry I won't give up that easily not now I'm getting so close to getting back on 2 wheels again.....GREAT!!
Anyway thanks for the tip and I like the dawg.

Cheers..Great Bear:cool:

Great Bear said:
Hi Ralphy.

Anyway thanks for the tip and I like the dawg.

Cheers..Great Bear:cool:

Bloody cheek, thats ME! :hapybnce:

Good Luck!

That's Me!!

Ah!! But have you got a wet nose and a tail that wags when you get excited?

Cheers....Great Bear :cool:

Great Bear (if that is your real name?) Can you get to the plume of feathers just outside much wenlock next Tuesday night,and we can see what we can come up with for you.The details of the meet are somewhere on the board, I'm sure some clever sod will put it here for you,I think it's under area meetings. See you there hopefully:beer:

Back
Top Bottom