Garmin GPS V tracks?????

(RIP) willstatt

Lost
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As I am gradually learning the ins and outs of using my GPS V, I have found a slightly unusual thing happening.

Let's say I go for a journey, either pre-entered as a route, or just an 'un routed' ride: When I go back home, and load up the tracks from those journeys into Mapsource on my PC, I find that when I examine the track closely on the Mapsource map, they often have little glitches in them, where it looks like i have ridden out into a field to the side of the road that I was actually riding on, or sometimes the track 'goes' of on another road and then does a u turn when I actually didn't do that at all!

I have also had the 'lost satellite reception' message a few times over the last few weeks. ( on clear days in open countryside)

Anyone else experienced anything similar to the above, or do you reckon my units gone faulty???

Will

If you lose reception the track will break but it should pick up automatically as you get the signal back.

I have had no reception problems recently but I am in Northern Belgium which is a bit of a way off from you.

Are you recording the tracks in areas where you have the maps uploaded onto your GPS unit ? If not this may explain the off road aspects. You may also need to look into yoru set up menu to make sure everything is OK in there. There are a variety of settings which may have some effect here.

Lastly - so if it shows you are off road - just follow it - ride off road , you do have a GPS on a GS don't you ? It you have an RT or other machine please disregard this last remark :D

Back
Top Bottom