Cheapest ferry to Spain????

Gavin4333

I'm just about to book my ferry to Spain with 'Brittany ferries' for July and am wondering if there any good deals about - I've had a search and hav'nt come up with any so I'm asking if anybody has found any.

I'm really after a fast 18 hour crossing so any suggestions as to who to book with would be appreciated.

Thanks.

It seems all the bike magazine discounts have been cancelled this year on the Spanish routes.

Just tried it for May; £453 for 2 peeps and GS. Seems very expensive to me. Surely it would be cheaper to drive down through France?

I've been looking into it also and looks like i will be better off riding it although i would rather ferry direct to save on fuel/tyres etc costs but at almost 400quid difference between direct to spain and the dover-calais crossing i will be riding down. :thumb :thumb

Somewhere recently, I saw a very interesting post by EBBO on this subject.
He managed to get a very good deal.
His journals on his web site are also very interesting and useful.

I am planing a trip to Gibraltar in September.
Mike.

Cheapest Ferry

Found none although you get a 10% discount on all routes if you are a RBS Royalties Gold Current Account holder (you also get free annual travel and medical insurance - the medical insurance coveres bikes over 125cc as long as you own it). Have used the Spanish ferries on several occasions and had them cancelled in Spain and had to drive back through France - not happy!

When I did the crossing from Portsmouth to Bilbao in 2002 the prices on the internet from Brittany Ferries was about £300 for me and the bike. I walked into a little high street travel agents and asked for the cheapest crossing (accomodation is compulsory but they don't tell you waht is the cheapest rooms) and got the same crossing for about £180. I was so gobsmacked I asked for it in writing. When I got this, I booked it quickly before they changed their minds.

Back
Top Bottom