Wiring query for a 2610.

Taff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any clever electrical types out there who can help me out. I can't post a photo of the insides at the moment, but I have one of THESE and want to connect it to power / audio cable for a 2610.

When I got the BMW plug for the SPIII I am sure there was one connection for the power and another for the earth, but with these plugs there isn't an earth connection. :nenau On the cable though, I have 4 coloured wires: Red (which I assume is the important one that connects to the power), Brown, Black and White.

Is the white wire the audio cable (which I assume I cut short, like I did with the SPIII) and what do I do with the black and brown cables? :nenau

I'm not cutting and connecting anything, until I know what goes where and what I can cut and chuck. :D If a Moderator thinks this should be in the "Technical" section, please feel free to move it.

Based on recent experience, red is live feed and should have your fuse cut into it; black is earth; brown and white are the two wires for any earpiece you have.

Hope this helps.

TC

Back
Top Bottom