OFF TO FRANCE WHERE DO I STAY??????

drtod

HEADING TO FRANCE END OF JUNE :D
LOOKING FOR HOTELS/HOSTELS ALONG THE SOUTH / WEST COST LINE, INTO THE LOIRE VALLY AND ON TO LE MANS ,FOR A FEW NIGHTS
ANY TOSSER OR TOSSERS BEEN THERE DONE THAT :bow MIGHT GIVE US SOME GO. NO/GO ADVISE :nenau :reynolds :reynolds :reynolds

Stayed here last year and would highly recommend it. A beautiful old watermill complete with the original gear wheels in the dining room/kitchen, lovely rooms, spacious grounds and a nice sized outdoor heated pool. Covered parking for bikes and the grounds are securely locked at night.

Andy

for cheap and cheerful but lacking in evening meals - formula one hotels

Along the Loire you'll find plenty of places to stay, mostly inexpensive and generally offering good food. In June you won't need to book.

Dave

PM sent...how about a night here for about £35 for 2, genuine 17/18th century rooms and furniture...like stopping in a living museum..owners son rides a BM and has you sat in his kitchen drinking beer and eating home made cake...

Attachments

• fbb2322a.jpg
    fbb2322a.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 170
I just bimble around with no real plans, pull over into a village or small town and you see Chambre D'ote (not sure of the spelling of that) signs around, sort of like our B&B's been to some great places and met some fantastic people doing this.

There is a guide book for these and Gites around but the Chambre d'otes seem a bit pricy in these guides.

By the way, don't confuse Engling B&B standards with the French CdO's, the french have got it sussed for value and quality IMO

Shep

THANKS TOSSERS

THANKS TOSSERS :thumb :thumb
GOT LOTS TO WORK WITH :bow :bow :bow
IF UR EVER OVER HERE GIVE US A BELL WE GOT GREAT ROADS FOR GS-ing :drinkinpa :hogroast

Last year in France we used Logis de France hotels and stayed in some lovely places.

They have 3500 hotels in their network, all privately owned and their website is very easy to use. Link here. Highly recommended.

I have a 2004 guide book which details all their hotels (without pics). If you would like to have it just send me your address by PM and I will post it down to you.

Back
Top Bottom