New GSer!

timmy

Hi all,
I am in a no sleep dilemma. I cant decide if i want the Std GS or Adv. Im not brill off-road but would like to mix road and off road. Ive tried them both and cant decide. Anyone here that can help me make my up my mind? I have ordered the std Gs but .......
tim

thanks

I've got an Adventure.

The closest it's been to offroad is Donington Car-Park ;) but I like the way the bike looks, which is why I bought one over the standard bike.

If you're a riding god, the Adv has more ground clearance too :p

Thanks for my first reply! This is almost as exciting as buying a bike itself! I am wondering if I will miss out on not having the Adv - horny looks-wise - or if I dont actually need the low first gear, extra 20mm large tank etc. And hope that the std GS, looks aside, will do everything as well the Adv.
Tim:)

Timmy:

Plenty has been written on this subject on the BB. Check the thread on this page "Adventure vs Regular: Much Difference On the Road?" for starters.

Then try here and continue searching further back into the bowels of this forum. You will notice that many of the "new" contributors to this BB on that thread are now very happy bunnies and regular visitors of this site!

Adventure riders like their Adventures; standard GS riders like their standard GSs. It's worth noting the comments of those who've swapped from standard to Adventure or vice versa.

Are you buying new or used? Makes a big difference to value-for-money. Personally, I'd suggest buying standard and spending the extra dosh on the things you think you need once you've owned the bike for a while. But, you will be happy with whatever you buy and only you know how much the "looks" appeal of the Adventure has over the standard. If I had my time again I'd buy the Adventure (purely on the basis of its taller seat height and more rugged off-road looks), but the rational me is very very happy with the standard GS (and is also able to convince me that the standard bike is the better choice 90% of the time) and I won't even contemplate trading in for an Adventure now.

Cheers Simon,

I am buying new. I looked at your link and enjoyed reading what was there. I'm going to stick to the standard GS and follow what you and others have said about buying std and spend the money on other things.
I always thought that the std GS was horny looking and it still is, despite the hornier Adv! Still want Adv in better colours though - perhaps later.

Enjoying this site and still getting used to working it out.

Any GSers in the SW, devon area?

Tim:)

Off Road, Nah........

Used to go green langing on a Yam DT125.......FUN!!!

Bought the Std GS cause it was beautifully Ugly.

Never intended to go off road so did the business at...........

www.coolcarbon.net...........

pure fun!!:D

CC

Back
Top Bottom