Exhaust systems <> Zega special TT kit

MiGSel

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Few UKGSers seem to have the original bejemwee exhaust system... Does anybody here know which muffler goes with the Touratech "custom" Zega case system on a GSAdv.? If any?

01-052-0011-01.jpg

Other suggestions? Any goodies collecting dust in your garage?

Hi Migsel, just thought i would post a reply because NO ONE else has even though 70 odd have looked:)
Is it because This enquiry is for Adventure owners?:)

Do you have standard exhaust ?

Dunno... maybe the question wasn't really clear.

I've got a GS Adventure with std exhaust and the Touratech special Zega kit that "wraps around" the exhaust.

Now I'm thinking about an aftermarket exhaust system, but I'm not sure whether that will work with the pannier rack. Any muffler with a diameter greater than stock is out of the question. Any other angle also. I suppose I'm not the first who wants to try this... or am I? :confused:

Suggestions are welcome!

Michel

I looked at this problem when I was making my panniers, the cut out in the Zega cases is quite close to the exhaust and there's not much room to play with. Have you asked Bracken's if all the pipes they sell fit with those cases, or are there any pipes that won't fit at all? The stock pipe is quite "fat" compared to all the aftermarket pipes,so there might just be room. How about deciding which pipe you want,and then find someone with the same pipe and see if it fits. Failing all that,a hacksaw and club hammer will see you right:D

Thanks Vern,
Thought of most of those possibilities...
I was just looking for an easy way out by finding somebody who has done this before and can show me the way :D

I asked the question on the Touratech forum too: the TT guys say only stock bmw will work. Their easy way out... I'm sure their muffler extension pipe won't fit any other muffler, but I'll find a solution for that, as long as the muffler fits in the space of the stock one.

Finding the diameters of the different mufflers would be a good start... Anybody?

Migsel,I think i read someone had fitted remus by packing out frames.Staintune silencer looks round rather than the oval of remus.do you have ypiece fitted?:)

Nope, no Y-piece (yet).

What do you mean by "by packing out frames"? (damn foreigner = me)

Michel

Don't quote me:eek: but using spacers to move the frame out from the subframe?
Mike O did you have remus /ttech fitted?

colt said:
Don't quote me:eek: but using spacers to move the frame out from the subframe?
Mike O did you have remus /ttech fitted?

Sorry Colt, missed this post somehow - No, I had a Y piece & standard can with my TT Special Set.

MikeO

It fits!

Ahaaa! Found me a Laser Pro d'Or set (Y + muffler). A friends friend had it in his garage and didn't mind if I tried it on my GSA.

Fitted it last night and it's great! Perfect fit after a few minor alterations to make it sit exactly in the middle of the opening in the pannier rack:
- some extra spacers between the can and the attachment at the rear frame
- bent the edges of the ring clamp around the muffler a bit

Now I only need to find a solution for the muffler extension pipe that goes past the left alu pannier. But that shouldn't be too big a problem...

Attachments

• img_2382 (small).jpg
    img_2382 (small).jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,044

Back
Top Bottom