Breakdown assiastance in Morrocco

Gaulois

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In April I'm going down to Morrocco for a look around the south. I'm presuming BMW Assistance doesn't cover my bike outside the EU (I'll check at home tonight). Can anyone recommend a good company for breakdown cover that works in Morrocco? I'm going to be on my own and I'm a novice grease monkey :confused:

Have a mind that it's very, very unlikely that you will break down.

If you do, you could talk to a hotel manager or similar, they will know someone with a van that can get your bike back to the port and into Spain where you are covered.

Not aware of any breakdown cover that won't cost you an arm or a leg, besides your on an adventure holiday :eek:

There will be quite a few GS'ers in Morocco during April, I'll be there in the south with a group of six plus there are others including Steptoe and the wild bunch for a couple of days whose mechanical advise could save the day, . here's my mobile phone number, 07967 301096, if you have a problem whilst your there use my number, I have some contacts there.

Tim

I went outside the territorial limits of my breakdown cover last summer. In my case I went into Croatia.

I viewed the risk exactly as Tim describes. In the unlikely event that the bike did break I would get a man with a van to take me to the Slovenian border where I could call out Europ Assistance.

Morocco Breakdown

Agree that breakdown is unlikely. Been there twice with no difficulty, even on an old 1100RT. If disaster did strike there is a BMW dealer in Casablanca and if my memory serves me right in Ceuta and Mellila as well but check on these. They will probably help. We had a major problem with a 1200GS in Turkey last year and BMW Turkey were brilliant. :) :) :)

We should all take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Morocco Breakdown

Agree that breakdown is unlikely. Been there twice with no difficulty, even on an old 1100RT. If disaster did strike there is a BMW dealer in Casablanca and if my memory serves me right in Ceuta and Mellila as well but check on these. They will probably help. We had a major problem with a 1200GS in Turkey last year and BMW Turkey were brilliant. :) :) :)

We should all take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. :rolleyes:

Guys. Some problems you can fix yourself. Think them through.

E.G. 4th March camped out ... K75 starter motor not functional - checked power to starter motor - working. So remove starter motor to find that the +ve brush had worn out - it had reached the stop. So removed stop using a file (would have used a new brush - but I was lost somewhere in northern Tasmania on the Arthur river if I have my dead reckoning worked out ... Note this was the third bridge out on this trip so I was running out of options as to how to get westwards). Bike is still starting fine on the warn out brush. Would probably still be working in 6 months time. But I'll get some new ones in - 3 sets ... one for the 75 another for the 11 and a spare set for the parts bin.

Message - don't just yell for help - try to solve your own problems - it can be quicker and gettin help in some places may not be all that possible.

Back
Top Bottom