Accesories Catalogues

Deleted account 210609001

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I'm just about to become a fully-fledged GSer.

Some accesories I'm interested in:- hugger, engine bars and screen. Can anyone tell me where I can find suppliers websites/catalogues, please?

Engine Bars - I'm looking for something to protect the heads in a drop of minor collision rather than super-strength affairs. Any recommendations?

Screen - I'm 6'0" and would liek some improvement over standard screen for higher speed cruising. Again, any recommendation, please?

Hugger - is it really necessary? Lower shock mounting looks a little exposed to me.

Finally, any nuggets I should know about before I head off into the sunset on my brand new bike?

Thanks in advance,

Robin.

spheniscidine said:
Finally, any nuggets I should know about before I head off into the sunset on my brand new bike?

Robin,

Bakerman's probably the first nugget you should get to know.....

MikeO:D

I'm inthe same boat

12 days away from collection, and I am after screen advice, I am 6ft 6ins and have been looking at the Vario and E something from the states. (The latter looks better.)

Hugger seems a good idea for the road and bars seem sensible to protect the engine, The basic Wunderlich ones look good, but are a little over the top.

Keep me in the loop if you get any good nuggets.

Cheers, commuter:beer:

Currently recommended engine bars on this list seem to be Hepko and Becker. They seem to give the most protection and are only £85 + VAT.

I use the Wunderlich engine bars, but they don't protect the rocket cover from getting scratched up!! :(

I use the MRA Vario screen, which is very effective at reducing buffeting due to the two-part design, but I'm only 6' 1".

Hey Steve......

Where abouts are the "rocket covers"?

Two on the list don't want to know you!

spheniscidine,

You will find that "Wonder-friggin-lick.de" and "Touratrash.com" wont deal with you direct..........because you live in the UK!!

They insist that you use their UK sole appointed suppliers.........oh and pay a Bloody great premium for the privilege !!

Doh, there I go again, on me soap box!!

There are plenty of others that will want to give you the personal touch!
;)

CC

:cool:

Right folks!

I have a way around this. I have friends in Dusseldorf that can forward the gear. O goodie!!! Maybe I could set up a supply line?

Where can I find the Hepko and Becker crash bars?

Commuter said:
Right folks!

I have a way around this. I have friends in Dusseldorf that can forward the gear. O goodie!!! Maybe I could set up a supply line?

Where can I find the Hepko and Becker crash bars?

Commuter,

H&B are available fairly widely, try Moto-bins in Spalding, Lincs (haven't got their web address to hand, try www.motobins.co.uk ?)

MikeO:)

Re: Two on the list don't want to know you!

coolcarbon said:
spheniscidine,

You will find that "Touratrash.com" wont deal with you direct..........because you live in the UK!!

Untrue. . . . I bought my lockable Touratech handlebar bracket for my Garmin Streetpilot III Deluxe direct from Touratech AG two weeks ago. Ordered on the Tuesday at the end of the day, arrived Thursday morning. Cheaper than buying from Bracken and I had the pleasure of conversing with the deliciously scrumptious sounding Heike over the phone.

spheniscidine said:
Hello Everyone

I'm just about to become a fully-fledged GSer.

Robin.

Any more local GSers about? I'm in Hythe... would like to get a local sub-group off the grouind if the powers that be dinnae mind....

Paul

Mr Essom

It is not untrue!!:mad:

I ordered the same item off the web site and the next I know, Bracken are contacting me saying that they will be supplying the item (sp3 mount) as a result of Touratech contacting them!!

Up shot was a £ 14+ price hike for the same item !! simply cause Touratrash gave the sale to Braken without my authority!!!

Please do NOT say that I am saying untruths!! I have the emails to prove it and I was seriously Pissed off!!

I got some of the difference back off Bracken but not all, so I am still Pissed off and will warn any other member of this forum of the possible consequences. They will not deal direct as I found out!!

Now if as a result of my kicking off about the situation they have changed their policy.........great, but as far as I am concerned, they do not deal direct!!:mad:

Same with Wonder Pricks..............they will tell you to go to SPC, again I have emails to prove this and they have a costly phone bill ringing me on my Mobile to discuss the finer points of EU regulations etc, in an effort to head off possible legal consequences.

I don't understand why they want to treat us different to the rest of Europe, but I do know that I don't rate being ripped off!!

CC

:cool:

Hythe GS said:
And do they fit on with ease or are they a major operation.

Fitted mine last night in under an hour single handed but I took the time to read the prof's advice before starting. It certainly made the whole process painless.

Re: Re: Two on the list don't want to know you!

Simon Eassom said:
Cheaper than buying from Bracken and I had the pleasure of conversing with the deliciously scrumptious sounding Heike over the phone.

You've got mail.......

Attachments

• transvestite.jpg
    transvestite.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 264
Do you have photos of them or a link where I can view them.

I assume they look good aswell as do the job?

Cheers, Commuter

Wunderlich Engine Bar instructions...in German

I have just received my Wunderlich Engine Bars, but the instructions are in German. Is this always the case?

I have asked SPC for a copy in English, but in case they can't supply, does anyone else have an Enlish copy please?

PS. also received some stuff today from Touratech with German only instructions :confused:

Back
Top Bottom