Tyres

David Price

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm just about to change the Bridgestones on my 1150GS. Whilst the general prererences here seem to be for fitting Tourances, has anyone had any experience of PIRELLI SCORPIONS on a GS?

Cheers

The Scorpions are good, light years better than Bridgestones. Very good grip in the dry, good grip in the wet. The profile makes the steering quicker, which is good. Overall a good tyre...but Tourances are better, mainly in wet damp conditions. :D

I think the new michelin Anakee will be at least as good as the tourances - i've got a rear on order for when my tourance wears out.
3000 so far - about 1500 left in it !!

Anybody got an anakee already fitted ? any reports ?
M

anakee

Tryed the Anakee on an Africa Twin, found they made the steering really sharp, and even though they were better in the wet than the Bridgstone, I lost confidence going into fast corner's as it wanted to be like a sports bike and lost the feel it had with a trail style tyre,
I will stick to the Tourance find them first class.:)

Les

motomartin said:
I think the new michelin Anakee will be at least as good as the tourances - i've got a rear on order for when my tourance wears out.
3000 so far - about 1500 left in it !!

Anybody got an anakee already fitted ? any reports ?
M

If you need reports, what made you think they'll be as good as Tourances?

MikeO:confused:

Recently changed fron Anakees back to Tourances (via Conti Tck's).

Personally I didn't like the feel of the Anakees, they certainly didn't give me the same feeling of confidence that the Tourances give, wet or dry. Now the Conti's.....that's another world altogether, but I wore the back out in under 1500 mile !!!!

Dennis said:
Now the Conti's.....that's another world altogether, but I wore the back out in under 1500 mile !!!!

Go on Dennis!!!!! You must have had some fun though, admit it :D

I've done some hard riding recently and can see that in just over 1000miles, I've used about 50% of the tread. Well done. ;)

Hang on a mo'
Are we on about standard Tourances here?
How do you burn off 50% in 1000 miles.
I reckon i ride fairly hard and need a replacement pair at 8k? This includes a track day, granted they are abit squared off but????

7000 miles minimum out of a rear tourance, much less than that and you're doing something wrong.

OooooH Yes! Paul, loads of fun. There's no escaping the grin factor of the Contis, but unfortuantely I can't live with spending more on rubber than I do on Petrol.......

I've kept the part worn front Conti, so I might just be tempted to try another rear at some point when the bank balance is feeling healthy.....:
D :D :D

I have just gone over to anakees, I am not sure that I like them yet. As posted elsewhere, I have been complaining about nervous handling and took the 3/4 worn Tourances off and fitted the Michelins. The handling hasn't improved. I am going to spend this weekend experimenting with suspension settings and tyre pressures.
I need to do more miles before I judge the Anakees in fairness.

Just replaced the TKC on the back of the Adv. after less than 2.5k. Used to get about 6k min from the old GS with Tourance's fitted.

Sticking with the TKC's though just for the grin factor. The look on the faces of the sportsbike riders when they eventually catch up at the next lights & see you are on Knobblies!!!!......

Cheers, Rick.

Bloody hell, what do you guys do with tyres ?

I've got nearly 10,000 out of my Tourances and they're not even squared off yet and I reckon I'll get another 2000 before they need changing.

Tyres lasting 1500 miles ? You young kids today..........:D

Cheers

Dick

Have got 400 odd miles on the Annakees now. Have ridden dry and wet. So far I can't fault them. Certainly would put them on par with the Tourance thus far. Still it is early days.

Back
Top Bottom