Supermoto kit

Vern

Toy maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've just found out that the supermoto kit is available to order now for £600 all in :D

It's only available to original buyers,so if you bought one second hand,tough luck.

Also,it's only available until June 30,and then the price goes up to £1200 :eek:

Mine are getting re orderd in the morning.I'll let you know how it goes

Dave from CWs rang me just this afternoon confirming that my wheels are deffo on order.
Riff raff need not apply as proof of purchase required.
Had a software update(and new batt which requires alot of dismantling to get it out :confused: ) last week as well due to battery struggling to turn the lump over.

Computer says "No"

I called Vines yesterday (spoke to Penny) to order up my set of SM wheels only to be told that she "thought" the price was about £800 and that I could not place an order as BMW have not yet issued part Numbers......

Vern, do you know if your order has been placed on BMW or is it just with your dealer?

I got the same response when I spoke to Anton last weekend at Vines. Still waiting for a call about the final price.

Dave at CW seemed to have it all under control. Only prob with ordering was frame no was needed to stop the riffraff ordering a set. Price quoted to me £600

Vern said:
What was the software update for????

Feck knows. Something with drain on battery and should make it run smoother though it ran fine before. I'll try it out on the weekend and report back whether it's all smoke and mirrors.

Extract from B*W email to dealers

Jarv said:
I called Vines yesterday (spoke to Penny) to order up my set of SM wheels only to be told that she "thought" the price was about £800 and that I could not place an order as BMW have not yet issued part Numbers......

Vern, do you know if your order has been placed on BMW or is it just with your dealer?

:confused:
Best of both worlds – street wheels for the HP2 Enduro

The HP2 Enduro is without question the most extreme BMW off-road bike ever made and is the first in a new ‘high performance’ range of motorcycles from BMW Motorrad. Putting a tuned 105 hp Boxer engine in a stripped-down, purpose-built chassis has brought big-bore thrills to many dirt bike riders. However, the big advantage that the HP2 enjoys over its competitors is that it is 100 per cent road legal.

As such – and in response to customer demand – a 17-inch set of street wheels is now available for the HP2, giving owners maximum riding pleasure on tarmac, with the added bonus of being able to quickly and easily change the bike back to enduro specification for off-road riding.

Since its launch in September 2005 the world’s most powerful production enduro bike has caught the imagination of off-road fans all over the globe. It has already seen action in legendary international races such as the Baja 1000 and Erzberg Rodeo, and even competed in the famous Hafren Rally closer to home. It also proved its long-distance capabilities and durability when Dakar rally veteran PG Lundmark rode one from the Nordkap in Norway all the way to the tip of South Africa earlier this year.

But it’s the short journeys where the new HP2 with street wheels will excel on tarmac. With sticky road rubber and more than 100 horsepower available, this high-performance BMW will be great fun to ride on the kind of twisty, bumpy, undulating surfaces that tie sports bikes up in knots. In town, its long-travel suspension and 920mm seat height will provide excellent visibility in traffic, while the massive amount of torque generated by the tuned 1,170cc Boxer engine (115 Nm at just 5,500 rpm) will undoubtedly make the journey to and from work the best part of the day.

Available after BMW’s New Season Launch weekend celebrations on 25-26 March, customers who purchase an HP2 Enduro can choose to have a set of street wheels included for an all-inclusive price of £12,595 on the road. The good news for existing HP2 owners is that they will be able to purchase a set of street wheels for a special price until the end of December 2006 – on submission of the appropriate vehicle documentation to their dealer. And for true off-road aficionados (who have no intention of riding their HP2 Enduro on tarmac) it is still possible to buy the HP2 Enduro without the street wheels option at £11,955.

The set of street wheels come as standard with tubeless Continental Road Attack tyres (120/70 and 150/70) although other tyres authorised for use include the Bridgestone BT 020, Metzeler Roadtrac Z6, Pirelli Diabolo Strada and Pirelli Scorpion Sync. The spoked wheels (3.5 x 17 front and 4.0 x 17 rear) have anodised black rims and mounted brake discs. Adapted fork protectors and assembly instructions are also included.

Changing from off-road to street wheels is very simple – and much like a standard wheel change – since the axle mounts are identical to those of the enduro wheels. Only the fork protectors have to be exchanged and the front brake calliper has to be bolted into the new assembly position in line with the larger brake disc diameter (320 mm).

"A small bit of maths required" :rolleyes:

Wheels now £1200????

I pinged an email to WoBMW this week about pricing and availability.......

According to them, for current HP2 owners, the wheeel set will not be available until late June and will cost £1200!!!!!

Where has the £600 price tag come from?

Last edited:
Spoke to Duncan at Vines yesterday and he said £650.

That's more like it...

I can cope with 650GBP but not 1200GBP (sorry using a loaner PC today, as mine died a horrible death on Friday; can't find the Pound key :nenau )

Did he give any indication of ETA?

Last edited:
The £600 is for original buyers of the bike,and that price is only valid until June 30,when the price goes up to £1200.I haven't heard anyone else mention £650 at all !!

I was talking with Park Lane last week and they said the Moto wheels were included in the price - but I got the impression they were being thrown into the deal - no extra cost. Perhaps that was wrong - I must check up.
Not that I've got an HP2 - I'm just a bloody busybody. :bounce1

Took a test ride today on an HP2 fitted with the street wheels. WOW! What a ride, totally transforms the bike on the road, you won't be dissapointed if you get them. :clap . Personnally, I can't wait. :bounce1

Back
Top Bottom