Jerez, Spain

marcus

Reaction score
I've managed to wangle a business trip to Jerez at the end of this month - result!

I'm a firm believer in taking some time out for play when on biztrips and my quite benevolent employer doesn't mind me taking a few days to reappear after a meeting (!)

So, Meeting is on a Friday and I'm going to take a few days out hopefully post meeting.

Would be interested in any knowledge of bike hire, places to go, places to eat, places to pick up chicks :D that sort of thing....

Any tips?

I was in Jerez for round 1 of Moto Gp last week and I asked the forum the sort of Qs check out recent posts on my name you should get a few tips.

So many things to do, you will be spoilt for choice. A trip around a sherry bodega is worthwhile - look out for pissed rats! Cadiz is only a few miles down the motorway and well worth taking a look. There is a great cafeteria/tapas bar just over the road from the main entrance to the old town. Further east and you get to Cape Trafalgar. Unspoilt beaches.
West and you get to Sanlucca and there are trips to the Donana national park.
Last but certainly not least take a trip out to the circuito de jerez. Get to know the geography and the roads, it'll stand you in good stead when you go to see the moto gp

Marcus,
I had a long weekend in Jerez in January with Mrs Tools.
We stayed in the Hotel Tierras de Jerez on the Plaza de las Augustias.
It is a small hotel that we found on the net. We found that the prices varied quite a bit from site to site but I think we use www.activereservations.com
As I said, we were there in January and some of the atractions were not open.
We did visit the Tio Pepe winery, the Motor racing circuit and the Hill Town of Arcos.
We also went to Gibraltar (about an hour & a half) where we stayed a couple of nights, as we have family there (I'm 50% Gibraltarian and we as a family are Gib citizens).
While in Jerez, we ate in La Carbona (quite expensive and small portions) and another restaurant on the opposite side of the same road, but I can't remember the name. The food here was very good.
We also went to the port town Puerto Sta Maria where we had some fantastic sea food. From there we went around the coast to Cadiz and Rota, which is an American Naval and Airbase town, along the lines of Mildenhall and Lakenheath (but by the sea). Interesting when viewed with Google Earth.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom