Clutch installation

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a site where I can download a step-by-step manual to install the clutch. Its those little hints and tips which make a difference compared to using a Haynes manual.
Never done it before even though it looks straightforward.

Have you looked at the Airheads site?

There's a mass of useful info there and you might find something re stripping down the clutch. Good luck!

Rugged Path said:
Is there a site where I can download a step-by-step manual to install the clutch. Its those little hints and tips which make a difference compared to using a Haynes manual.
Never done it before even though it looks straightforward.

What I did when I installed a new clutch in mine was to centre everything by eye on the flywheel/clutch assembly before tightening the clamp bolts. This then holds everything together whilst you offer the gearbox up to the bike. I found the splines pretty quick and everything did back up OK. No need for any special tools.

wouldn't a video demonstrating such things be great, what do you think steptoe?

I've had a gearbox out in 15 minutes, just to see how long to get it out :eek:

It took me an hour to find all the bits, as i was just throwing them out of the way as i went :D

You don't need to remove the battery carrier, battery, sidepanels, petrol tank or drain the gearbox oil. Just move the swing arm back, and pull the gearbox out from the left ( after removing the top R/H gearbox fixing stud from the engine case). I've an aligning tool, cost about £6 from motobins.

Back
Top Bottom