WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

graham h

Reaction score
Well what a should i do the other half has given me the choice good girl that she is I can go on a trip to Spain & Morroco OR i can have a R1100S Momola special as new full speck goes like sh*t and looks the dogs nuts.(and of course keep the beloved GS) ANY suggestions:p

Do the trip to Spain and Morroco, its better to have a bike with loads of miles on it that you can really say you've enjoyed, rather than 2 low mileage bikes that you have never really ridden.

Graham

I'd get the 'S' but then I'm biased :D

And anyway Spain and Morocco will still be there next year.

Sounds like a 'win' 'win' scenario to me.

Cheers

Adam

adamski49 said:
Graham

I'd get the 'S' but then I'm biased :D

Sounds like a 'win' 'win' scenario to me.

Cheers

Adam

adam give me the dirt! any problems with the 's' or is it as reliable as the GS:beerjug:

[/B]

Yes, but in the meantime you may get run over by a bus:(
Tim

Graham

I've had no problems with mine but I have heard a few worrying tales.

Finish to the lower fork legs and brace is a bit suspect but I think the GS may suffer the same fate. The odd gearbox and shaft drive requiring major surgery but again I seem to have read the same about the GS.

With regard to the Replika in particular there has been talk of the sponsors stickers peeling off when washing / polishing as they're not lacquered over - get this done before you leave the showroom to avoid losing the bike for warranty work :(

Apart from that it all seems fairly sound. This is my first boxer having only had jap fours and K series BM's up until now so it's still new ground for me.

It was a toss up between the GS and the S but being a bit of a speed freak I went for the S with it's few extra horses and top speed which to be honest probably doesn't even become apparent in the real world, but hey.. I'm happy :D

I understand the S has a better riding position and weather protection than the GS as well but this is horses for courses.

The only disappointment I had was the lack of underseat storage... there isn't any! Bit of a shock after the K's.

If you want some more info just ask. There are also some more acquainted with the S and it's foibles at this forum:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/boxertrix/

Not as easy to navigate or search as this one but throw a stack of questions in and they'll be answered fairly quickly.

Cheers
:beerjug:
Adam

Thats an easy one. You get the new bike and you go to Spain on it.......remember, "it is easier to seek forgiveness than it is to gain permission"................

Have fun

AndyT:)

Have the 1100S, Spain will still be there and you can take either bike there, the wine is good the hotels are first class the roads are magnificent.
If you want to ride in sand go to the beach, if you want mountains go to the alps.

Back
Top Bottom