tonyq6551

hi there, are new members welcome on the llangollen weekend? ive just bought a 1100gs and thought a camping trip to wales would be good fun.

It's not a club. You aren't invited, just expected to turn up. If you like beer and silly northerners, you'll have a whale of a time. Check out the Hand for available rooms though, the camp sites are a cab ride away, but there are plenty of B+Bs nearby.

See you there, mines a :beer: :thumb

EDIT: Just noticed you live in Derbyshire, whereabouts?

There'll be plenty of "members" there :tosser

Just turn up and anounce your self at the bar as "Tony in the Tent" we'll all get you a drink then :thumb

Viscount Derbyshire said:
It's not a club. You aren't invited, just expected to turn up. If you like beer and silly northerners, you'll have a whale of a time.

Not just silly northernersners - :bounce1

how did you know my middle name was [in the tent], hotel b+bs wats up with camping. i thought us northerners were tough. i live near a small village called ilkeston. where you from vicount

Hope you're coming on the off road ride?

i would love to.but not sure if the road tyres would be any good. what sort of tyres do most of you fit for off road

99% taking their GSs on the dirt use Continental TKC80s. Standard fitment to the Adventure models.
They're a great compromise and any lack of real off road ability is more than matched by the GSs lack of off road ability.
Can be a bit squirmy on certain tarmac surfaces though. And rated for 100mph.

I'm off out with Simon (Sorebums) tomorrow to recce the route. Basically the same route as the last few years, but in reverse (I'm sure I can remember thinking last year that the trails would be impossible coming the other way..... :eek ), will report on the going.

Last years fyi: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44093

Plenty of time to get some fitted!

tonyq6551 said:
how did you know my middle name was [in the tent], hotel b+bs wats up with camping. i thought us northerners were tough. i live near a small village called ilkeston. where you from vicount

Ilkeston's an urban sprawl, I live in the quaint quintessentialy English village of New Mills - got two train stations you know ;)

tonyq6551 said:
i would love to.but not sure if the road tyres would be any good. what sort of tyres do most of you fit for off road

Do go Tony - i recently found out I will not be able to make it - so they'll be short of someone dropping their bike every 15 mins to laugh at :thumb :D

Dahoum said:
only for fat ugly unhealthy twats like you - Your Lardship :judge :dabone

Yourself and fcuk go :dabone

I was told they're a cab ride away, by that fat fecker ming, I, naturally, would jog to and fro, and it's only me bunions stopping me from running in the marathon this weekend, that and the fact that the water stands dont do kebabs or diet pepsi, I'll waste away after 200 feet. :D

Viscount Derbyshire said:
I, naturally, would jog to and fro, and it's only me bunions stopping me from running in the marathon this weekend,

Oh yes Lord of the Pies - we believe you

Lost a bit have we since you were last showing Roger your back entrance :ymca :D

Attachments

• kev & jamie.jpg
    kev & jamie.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 82
Well done Kenny, that's the picture that sent me to the gym :D

It's a good gym too, has coffee bar and sells donuts

urban sprawl? how very dare you. new mills quintessentialy english my ar;.se.your all a bit mad arent you? i should fit in a treat.

cab..

Umm.. if memory serves me correctly.. the campsite is only a few (about 8 mins) walk up the road... CAB.. lol.. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom