Pamir Highway here we come!

Sergeant Pluck

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So this is it at last, me and my pal are finally off on a 3 month trip across Central Asia, aiming to ride the remote Pamir Highway up in the Himalayan foothills in Tajikistan. We'll be taking in a fair few countries en-route, including Romania, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgystan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Turkey, Greece, Croatia etc etc before heading back home. We're travelling fairly light and camping most of the way round, not quite as basic as Mondo Enduro, but this is definately no LWR :p

Dan is on his Africa Twin whilst I'll be on my trusty 1150 - it'll be interesting to see which bike copes best. He thinks mine will [he's a relative newbie to biking ;) ] while I feel sure his will provide less grief! Apart from the chain maybe....

We're not planning lengthy trip reports although we may get a blog going, but I will try to post the odd pic now and again when I get chance, and hopefully not urgent pleas for technical advice on a stricken 1150 :D

:beerjug:

Pluck

Got to say I am filled with envy and admiration!

Have a great trip, ride safe!

Best wishes,

Bin.

Go boy - GO!!

Neil

Go and do it - ride carefully and enjoy the blast.

Give me regards to Turkmenbashi.

Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

There's a beer on ice ready for when you get back.

Simon

Good luck Neil -

If you need any parts sending, get in touch :thumb

Wapping said:
Break a leg (as they say on Shaftsbury Avenue)

They need to familierise themelves with the health & safety rules before attempting a walkout along shaftsbury avenue ;)

Heard from Neil yesterday - He's in the Ukraine, they're just about to set off across Russia -

The GS has a blown a fork seal , the africa twin he's riding with has blown it's clutch .

GS = 1
Honda = 0

Gewd trip to you

Keep us updated! :thumb

And the AT already having a blown clutch?! :eek: They use to call it "the unbrakable" or what? :D

Back
Top Bottom