please post if interested.

route attached

cheers

Gerry H.

What do I need to open this file Gerry? :(

Mapsource

Garmin GPS file

Should open in Mapsource

Make sure you have latest version for compatibility.

cheers

Gerry

Hi Sounds good, count me in!! :thumb
ps anyone going up from Cardiff fancy travelling to start point togever??

Gerry Huxtable said:
Garmin GPS file

Should open in Mapsource

Make sure you have latest version for compatibility.

cheers

Gerry

Hmmm........... and if one doesn't have a Garmin or Mapsource..........???? :confused:

longdog said:
Hmmm........... and if one doesn't have a Garmin or Mapsource..........???? :confused:

Then you need help.

PM me your e-mail address and I'll send it copied on word.

Sounds like a good day out. I hope you have a great time. Unfortunately I have the go to Le Mans for the w/e to watch the moto Gp.

I'll try to get there Gerry, but it depends on the Brownie point count. Having done the Coast-to-Coast last weekend and doing Exmoor next.....LIfe is just one long slog..... :clap :clap :clap

Can you let me know which road the Pass of the Cross is on, hopefully doing it tomorrow, thought it was around Bala but cant see it for looking on O/S map.

Many Thanks
Shane

Hi Shane,

If its the pass I'm thinking of its about 4.5 k west of Lake Vyrnwy.

If your coming from Lake Bala take the mountain road off the B4403 about 1 Klick SW of the bottom corner of the lake, the road continues on to Dinas Mawddwy or forks left to Lake Vyrnwy.

Hope this helps.

PW

Thanks PW,

Managed to sort it out Saturday Morning, had a Fantastic day,called in to see some Kayaking friends at Abbey campsite who were just cooking breakfast,thankfully i slowed down to 30 coming through Llangollen the speed trap was out and had just pulled over a biker, went over the pass and down the other side,turned around,back up and forked right for Vyrnwy.
Called in the visitor centre for a cuppa ( great wood carvings) then back into the hills and followed a track onto the moorland,with great views so with the perfect weather all in all a great day. Will be back soon to do some moor tracks, next time i shall call in Corwen and do the ford if i can find it, is it at Gwerclas 1.5 Km upstream of Corwen? :thumb

All the best
Shane

have to sort out a rear tyre but i will there. love riding the mountain roads in mid and north Wales pricy :troll3

russ996duke said:
Hi Sounds good, count me in!! :thumb
ps anyone going up from Cardiff fancy travelling to start point togever??

Hi I'm a newbie to these rideouts, i'm coming up from Cardiff so if you do want to meet up please pm me.

tod said:
Hi I'm a newbie to these rideouts, i'm coming up from Cardiff so if you do want to meet up please pm me.

Hi Tod & Russ,

I'm planning to meet Gerry at the top of Epynt (Viewing area about a mile North of the Drovers Arms) on his way round at about 10.30 ish.

Could leave Tesco garage Upper Boat at about 09.30am.

Gerry hasn't confirmed the time he will be there yet so watch this space.

Paul

PW Cymru said:
I'm planning to meet Gerry at the top of Epynt (Viewing area about a mile North of the Drovers Arms) on his way round at about 10.30 ish.
Good plan

Back
Top Bottom