what a fecking joke we are not in the UK

Allroad

I have just spent two hours on the phone with a BMW dealer in the UK (Northhanpton) I found a new ADV and was going to purchase Im now totally exasperated the dealer has informed me that he is not allowed to sell to NI residence because I do not have a UK address HELLO !!!!! im in NI is it or is it not the UK ?? I pay fecking UK taxes VAT ETC im so pissed of its a fecking discrace

he says its the DVLA that is stopping it and told me to contact BMW the main importer

what do you think

I'm guessing that it's the fact the DVLA in Cardiff cannot handle registration of the bike with a Northern Ireland address, the DVLNI as you know is totally seperate with no links to the DVLA.

Ring him back and clarify the situation.

Afew years ago my wife went to liverpool to buy a new scooter because the dealer here was messing about with devilery dates now she had to register it at my uncles address in liverpool then register again when she brought it home with no problems at all and free of charge

Since 1st of January 2004 you have to provide proof of the address you are registering the vehicle to so usng another address is no longer an option.

Simplest way round this is to buy the bike and have the dealer send you the V55 documentation which comes with a new vehicle, you can then take this to your local DVLNI office and complete the process of registration in your name then have the dealer make up the registration plate for the ride home.

"im in NI is it or is it not the UK ?? "

The beginning of the end, or the end of the beginning.......

Thunder said:
Since 1st of January 2004 you have to provide proof of the address you are registering the vehicle to so usng another address is no longer an option.

Simplest way round this is to buy the bike and have the dealer send you the V55 documentation which comes with a new vehicle, you can then take this to your local DVLNI office and complete the process of registration in your name then have the dealer make up the registration plate for the ride home.

Allroad

I this may be the solution to your problem,hope you get it resolved.

Schultz

Just had dealer on again and he is tellng me its BMW that is stopping the deal what the feck

The only reason BMW would stop the deal is to protect the local dealer who has the franchise for the north. :rolleyes:

Surely it's of no consequence to the dealer in the UK where you live, so if you can get it registered here it should be just a matter of a cheap flight over to the UK and ride the bike home. :nenau

Aidan1150 said:
The only reason BMW would stop the deal is to protect the local dealer who has the franchise for the north. :rolleyes:

Surely it's of no consequence to the dealer in the UK where you live, so if you can get it registered here it should be just a matter of a cheap flight over to the UK and ride the bike home. :nenau

its not working out like this m8 so much for a free EU market and competition what a nightmare

Allroad said:
Just had dealer on again and he is tellng me its BMW that is stopping the deal what the feck

Why not ask them if you lived in the mainland would they stop you? I've bought bike from Ryedale Cardiff. They didn't try to stop selling me a bike because I lived near Manchester. :confused:

Allroad said:
its not working out like this m8 so much for a free EU market and competition what a nightmare

Sounds like your "dealer" ain't paticularly interested in selling the bike in my opinion.

!) BMW cannot block a dealer from supplying to you, EU regulations were put in place for this very reason.

2) If you want the bike and have sorted the price with him previously offer a buy it on the basis of you registering i yourself, deduct the £80 fee that has to be paid for registration and have him send you the V55 , (do it in writing and verbally) if he refuses then head for the CAB and threaten legal action if you have to.

Thunder said:
Sounds like your "dealer" ain't paticularly interested in selling the bike in my opinion.

!) BMW cannot block a dealer from supplying to you, EU regulations were put in place for this very reason.

2) If you want the bike and have sorted the price with him previously offer a buy it on the basis of you registering i yourself, deduct the £80 fee that has to be paid for registration and have him send you the V55 , (do it in writing and verbally) if he refuses then head for the CAB and threaten legal action if you have to.

Just spoke to him again they just cant understand NI is in the UK and Swansey wont issue a number. The other excuse at the minute is he says BMW wont issue a V55 because my NI address is not in the UK FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demo model

Why not get the shop to register it to themselves as a demo model.Then technically speaking its second hand and should come with the registration documents?

emigrate

Allroad said:
Just spoke to him again they just cant understand NI is in the UK and Swansey wont issue a number. The other excuse at the minute is he says BMW wont issue a V55 because my NI address is not in the UK FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Phone him again, tell him that you are so completely feed up with the Nanny State that you are moving lock stock and barrel to your Spanish residence, shaking off the dust of the UK. Ask him if you can buy the bike for cash, for export to Spain.

Back
Top Bottom