Money-Exchange-Poland

homer

Visiting Poland soon,whats the better rate? change in U.K or over there? Cheers Homer :beerjug:

My suggestion is.

Take a minimum amount of exchanged currency then use a cash machine as soon as you can there. I had a far better exchange rate than at the airport and you are not walking around with a pocket full of money.

Take a sh*t pot load of Levi jeans, Hardly Ableson baseball caps, & Nike trainers.... you won't need cash & possibly get your Jollyday for free.

Luggage limiting ?.........Bank card ...... :thumb

check this site
http://www.holidaywizard.co.uk/currency_converter.htm

and see a polish one
http://www.baksy.com.pl/kantor/index.php3

there is a very small different. but anyway i would suggest to have a couple of hundreds in the pocket and a credit card, or debit card.I think you dont pay extra for withdrawing money if you have debit card.
Do not sell money in the first Exchange you see. Make a round and check rates. They may and they will vary, sometimes there is a huge different between two nieghbour shops. Find out if they have a commission. some of them do some don't.if they have it is usually 5%.
and do not listen anyone who says scary things about poland. this is a beautiful Land with kind people. :thumb Are you going to visit my City-Krakow?
regards

Use banks and cash machines. Although it hasn't happened to me, plenty of people get stitched up exchanging unofficially.. as they don't understand Polish abd get stuck with all kinds of crap that's out of date.... or not even zloty!

Just been looking into getting cash at atm's watch the bank charges. Dont buy cheap items or withdraw small amounts of cash. Example of charges from bank are. 2.75% on all cash withdrawal transactions and purchases then add another 1.5% up to max of £4.50 (min £2.00) for each debit card cash withdrawal transaction. If you buy anything with a card you cop for the 2.75% +another £1 per transaction!

:eek:
Think I'll get stocked up on caps and jeans... :thumb

Ted said:
Just been looking into getting cash at atm's watch the bank charges. Dont buy cheap items or withdraw small amounts of cash. Example of charges from bank are. 2.75% on all cash withdrawal transactions and purchases then add another 1.5% up to max of £4.50 (min £2.00) for each debit card cash withdrawal transaction. If you buy anything with a card you cop for the 2.75% +another £1 per transaction!

:eek:
Think I'll get stocked up on caps and jeans... :thumb

Doesn't it depend of who you bank with? :nenau

If you are taking your mobile check how much it costs to send and receive calls. That can be scary :eek:

Back
Top Bottom