Is that the same Charles

Aidan1150

Nice but unfortunate husband.
Mod Squad
Reaction score
Is that the same Charles who is Ireland forum moderator with a total of 15 posts? :rolleyes:

What the fcuk is that all about? The guy doesn't bother to contribute to the site, yet is a mod. :nenau :spitfire :nono

Aidan1150 said:
Is that the same Charles who is Ireland forum moderator with a total of 15 posts? :rolleyes:

What the fcuk is that all about? The guy doesn't bother to contribute to the site, yet is a mod. :nenau :spitfire :nono

Aiden he has far more than that it was reset when the system crashed early last year, he hasn't been around for a while, but his contributions in the past, where on a par with regular users here at a time.

Schwarz Baron said:
Aiden he has far more than that it was reset when the system crashed early last year, he hasn't been around for a while, but his contributions in the past, where on a par with regular users here at a time.

Really? Back around November last year his total was 18 posts. So he lost 3 posts. In the 18 months or so I have been here I have only ever seen a handful of offerings from this "mod" :nenau

That's not much for a mod when compared to Tuned who has almost 9000, although in fairness he does post an awful lot of bollox. :D

Schwarz Baron said:
Aidan1150 said:

The most we have lost is a days posts as far as i'm aware apart from losing the whole FS&W section once... that was due to a mass prune that went wrong for Paul :D

Actually most of the posts were likely deleted by me I went through the Ireland section about a year ago and deleted the stupid threads like
"was that any of you today i seen today"
"****** you have a PM"
"calling *******"
and " Any of you want to meet here on ****day at **:**" type posts.
So Charles along with the rest of us lost some of our post counts.... I read every one i deleted and only deleted ones of no use or value... i never deleted any thread that had any sort of rideout report in it or anyone with pictures or with any useful info within it.. only time related posts( by that i mean the time of the event in the thread had way past and had no info or worth for the future) I lost about 50 posts myself :)

Charles to my best recall never had more than about 35 posts and on 28-10-04 he had only 7 posts made since 2002... much as I like Charles, Aidan has a point. (i bet i've posted more words in this reply than Charles has in total of all his posts)
I know he looks in every now and again but in the position of a moderator you are expected to contribute a little more than that to the forum as a whole and definitely more to the forum section you are a moderator of.

This i want to make it clear this not an attack on Charles cos i like him...

But i've never seen him moderate anything.. so whats the point of holding on to the position if you don't make use of it and contribute to a heated discussion or pull someone for an inappropriate post etc. :nenau

TUNED IN said:
The most we have lost is a days posts as far as i'm aware apart from losing the whole FS&W section once... that was due to a mass prune that went wrong for Paul :D

Actually most of the posts were likely deleted by me I went through the Ireland section about a year ago and deleted the stupid threads like
"was that any of you today i seen today"
"****** you have a PM"
"calling *******"
and " Any of you want to meet here on ****day at **:**" type posts.
So Charles along with the rest of us lost some of our post counts.... I read every one i deleted and only deleted ones of no use or value... i never deleted any thread that had any sort of rideout report in it or anyone with pictures or with any useful info within it.. only time related posts( by that i mean the time of the event in the thread had way past and had no info or worth for the future) I lost about 50 posts myself :)

Charles to my best recall never had more than about 35 posts and on 28-10-04 he had only 7 posts made since 2002... much as I like Charles, Aidan has a point. (i bet i've posted more words in this reply than Charles has in total of all his posts)
I know he looks in every now and again but in the position of a moderator you are expected to contribute a little more than that to the forum as a whole and definitely more to the forum section you are a moderator of.

This i want to make it clear this not an attack on Charles cos i like him...

But i've never seen him moderate anything.. so whats the point of holding on to the position if you don't make use of it and contribute to a heated discussion or pull someone for an inappropriate post etc. :nenau

Then take him off it FFS I don't think he would give a toss, we only need one Moderator anyway, what are yis gettin so upset about, maybe I got the estimation of back in time wrong but, it was long before you where ever moderator, even Pythag the 1st time round, Gary. This post was started, to congratulate Charles over his new arrival, not to generate, critiscism of a personal friend of mine, and see this :spitfire, over something so trivial, chill out lads. He's a fellow GSer, and as such, congratulations from fellow GSers is nice to see. If you want to vote him off as Moderator, then start another thread. Who cares about post counts, Charles was given duties of a moderator, when there was only a few of us about, he didn't ask for it....... :nono

Quite frankly I can't believe what I'm reading, but you could maybe tell him what you think to his face on Sunday......

Congrats Charles I'm proud of you son, and your new son, pass on my regards to the good lady....

Aidan1150 said:

:nono Totally uncalled for and unprovoked.

Whether he posts or not has nothing to do with it, the thread was started by me to congratulate him on his new arrival.

Im very suprised to come home and find its been hijacked in such a way.

Aidan1150 said:
he does post an awful lot of bollox. :D

A bit like you it would seem?

This thread was started to congratulate Charles and his wife on their new arrival.

I know Charles reasonably well and he is GS through and through.

Perhaps he prefers to ride his bike instead of seeing how many posts he can get on the forum?

Perhaps he only contributes when he has got something worthwhile to say?

Get a life mate :thumb

Bobby Boy said:
A bit like you it would seem?...............

.........Perhaps he prefers to ride his bike instead of seeing how many posts he can get on the forum?

Perhaps he only contributes when he has got something worthwhile to say?

Bollox................not any more (or less) than anyone else here I would have thought. :nenau

Riding the bike................sure don't we all do that, 12,000 miles in 13 months here :thumb

Worthwhile to say................your opinion...fair enough, but maybe you should check the events section or the rideout/aftermath section, unless you reckon that organising events or posting ride reports doesn't count somehow.

However, I still stand by my position on the "mod" thing.

I have sent a PM to Oatsy re the hijack and hope that mother and baby are doing well.

Schwarz I was responding to the post Aidan made and your reply to him.

Like your thread on having a separate NI forum you seem to have read something into my post that wasn't there... as others did with your thread.

I was not referring to Charles as Charles the person but Charles in the moderator role and forum member.
That's what Aidan was referring to in his post.
I never said
Then take him off it
or referred to that.
It's up to Charles or Paul G themselves for that decision

what are yis gettin so upset about
I'm not getting upset at all over it.

I was pointing out however Aidan had a point even if it was badly put with the use of a :spitfire but maybe Aidan feels that way about it. :nenau

I would say apart from the people that know Charles personaly... not too many who have joined the forum in the last two years know who he is or even seen a post of his... so i can understand why someone like Aidan could ask the questions he did.

Aidan like the rest of the members have the right to speak there mind and views... and any thread posted my be replied to by any member as long as it's within the boundaries of taste.

but his contributions in the past, where on a par with regular users here at a time
The posts show otherwise... and thats not me being deliberately rude to Charles. you go read all of Charles posts.... i just have.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/search.php?searchid=553685

Quite frankly I can't believe what I'm reading, but you could maybe tell him what you think to his face on Sunday......
What do you think i said was so wrong in my post or untrue..

I replied to a slightly misleading statement made by you to Aidan

Put this another way

Paul, give me your definition of a moderator and what there responsibilities are for this forum and then how many of them does Charles live up to?
Then you can see where i think Aidan is coming from I hope
Also I'm sure Paul G never forced Charles into being a Mod... and like any of us if we don't want to do anything we can say no at any time.

I still want to make this clear... I was and am referring to Charles the forum moderator not Charles the real life person... there is a big difference and i apoligise if i have caused offence to Charles the person

oh.. and Aidan i've only 7000 you twat :D

Gary, I think the whole tone of my reply was that it was inappropriate to post it on this thread no matter what. I don't care about posts counts, threads, moderators, enough to get upset about it. If Aiden does well fair enough, but go start another thread, not hijack this one. I am reluctantly replying on this one for that very reason, as I feel it is highly innappropriate,to continue this debate, on a thread started to congratulate, a forum member on his new arrival. It's a hijack, and you as Mod should know better :D I would prefer if anyone has anything to say on the matter, lets discuss it elsewhere. Going to the extent that you did to resurrect Charles post count, and the topics he posted on, shows you do care about it, IMHO.
Charles wasn't forced that's correct, (but there weren't many of us around in those days to volunteer), and felt no need to intervene on much, but that's the sort of bloke he is, Nice :p , and maybe your right, not cut out to be a Mod. But come on guys, is it something to get that upset over. I disagree that it's upto Charles to remove himself. we as a Forum, just have to ask Admin, collectively, but i have the feeling, there are not enough about to give a toss.. stay cool guys :nenau

Paul,I give you that.. it was slightly inappropriate to post what he did in this post... but he did... it's not the first thread to have inappropriate posts and it won't be the last it happens all the time.

Going to the extent that you did to resurrect Charles post count, and the topics he posted on, shows you do care about it, IMHO.

I went and made sure of my facts thats why i went back and read the posts

I disagree that it's up to Charles to remove himself. we as a Forum, just have to ask Admin, collectively

The only two people that can make that decision in the end is Charles or Paul G... the rest of the forum can have views and opinions but they at the end of the day they are the only people that can make the final decisions.

Paul, yet again you seem to have taken my post and not taken it on-board or answered my points within it.

Aidan made a valid point in his post just in an inappropriate place

If it was some other moderator not Charles contribution to the site that was being talked about I don't think you would be defending him as fervently.

Your first post response to Aidan was and is the one i was responding to and in it you were not stating the impropriety of the post but defending Charles contribution to the board.

Guys,

I am convinced that you have all reached a better realisation of each others views now. Can all the threads now be removed so that this only has the kind words from Oatsy?

This topic (which is not a big deal in my opinion) can now be dealt with elsewhere hopefully.

TUNED IN said:
Paul,I give you that.. it was slightly inappropriate to post what he did in this post... but he did... it's not the first thread to have inappropriate posts and it won't be the last it happens all the time.

Yes and therefore should be pointed out, as a misdemeanour, with regards to etiquette

I went and made sure of my facts thats why i went back and read the posts

The points raised were not important enough to me, to research my timescale enough, it was a generalisation on my part. it was the fact that they where in an inappropriate thread

Paul, yet again you seem to have taken my post and not taken it on-board or answered my points within it.

I didn't because, i don't want too, I know it's not a personal attack by you

If it was some other moderator not Charles contribution to the site that was being talked about I don't think you would be defending him as fervently.
]

As you are the only other moderater, on this forum, I would defend any personal attack on here, against you, as I would with Aidan, I thought that went without saying, as although we don't meet very often, I feel i know you quiet well, and as such treat you as a friend. I do not agree with personal attacks on anyone here....

Your first post response to Aidan was and is the one i was responding to and in it you were not stating the impropriety of the post but defending Charles contribution to the board.

I think that the statement I made, quiet clearly shows I am dissappointed with the innappropriatness of the thread, and I know you weren't attacking Charles, personally.

Please lets not continue this on here, I am quite happy to verbally joust with anyone on another seperate thread. I agree totally with Sugarcube, and that, you do have the power to do what he suggests.
As regards my N.I. forum post, I will not discuss any further as that is dead and buried, I took an awful lot of personal flack for that, and you had criticisms of me, and points in supporting me privately,which we discussed, but you chose to stay out of the discussion on the open forum.

The above discussion proves we are all individuals on here, and I'm glad we do not all have matching opinions, but there is a time and place, and no need for personal attacks eg :spitfire :nono , please seperate these threads Moderator! :thumb

Review

Oh dear, what have I started here? :eek:

Firstly, the posts I made were not intended as a personal attack on Charles. I have never (to my knowledge) met the man and therefore bear no personal grudge or ill feeling of any kind. If any offence has been caused to Charles then I apologise unreservedly.

My opinion on the mod position remains unchanged though.

I accept that posting my opinion on Oatsy's thread was inappropriate and have sent a PM to Oatsy apologising to him which he has graciously accepted. Thanks Oatsy. :thumb

Finally, I extend good wishes to Charles and his family on the birth of their little son, an exciting time for any family.

Aidan

I have read through all the comments made as a result of the orginal thread by Oatsey and cannot believe that a simple congratulatory message can become so distorted.

Surely well done to one and all or similar sentiments was all that was required.

badger said:
I have read through all the comments made as a result of the orginal thread by Oatsey and cannot believe that a simple congratulatory message can become so distorted.

Surely well done to one and all or similar sentiments was all that was required.

Hear Hear..........well said :thumb

Congrats Charles and family,all the best :clap

Next time we get together the drinks are on you :beerjug: (cos we know shwarzie wont buy em)

Charles, congratulations to you and yours on the birth of your son.

And congratulations also on having something better to do with your life than spend it bitching on here :D

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom