hp2 new owner

beachman

Reaction score
hi guys, bought my hp2 last week, am absolutly stoked.
Bringing my bike to europe in july, would love to meet anyone on the road. Will follow up with trip details. Would appreciate any advice re bike insurance while in europe. Also any advice on accesories, luggage, performance, tanks,suspension settings etc

thanks vern

i hope i can meet a few riders who can give me info on my bike and mods i can do and performance gear i can buy for it. Plus answer my question re bike insurance while travelling o/s

With regards to the insurance question - if you are thinking of insuring it over here I think you have to have residency so you may have to ensure you notify your insurers in Oz to make sure you are adequately covered. I think that is the case anyway - somebody will be along soon to either confirm or correct me :)

When you are in the UK come up to the Midlands for ride out with Tossers up here :thumb

Hey Beach man, welcome , cannot help too much with mods etc but are you anywhere near the northern beaches in Sydney I live in Manly I am allways keen to go for a ride. :beerjug:

thanks guys

Hey guys thanks for your responses, Have since found green card insurance with the guys below, hope it is of some interest to others, the info below is an email i received from knopftours:

Hello

Here the Info.

30 Days of Green card Liability Insurance Motorcycle are 55 Euro or 60US Dollar
30 Days of Greencard Liability Insurance Car are 155 Euro or 195 US Dollar

I need follow Info.

Youre Full adress and Name of Owner
Full name and adress of Driver if diffrent then Owner
Make of Vehicle (Car Motorcycle)
Vinnummber
Lisence Platte nummber
when to start
How Long of Insurance
where to send Insurance

For 60 Days it is 120 US Dollar if you from the USA or Canada send a Personal check to

Greg Anderson
C/O Stefan Knopf
194 Carmen Hill 2
New Milford,CT,06776
USA

Check made out to Stefan Knopf

If you live in the rest of the world Banktransfer to follow Bank :

Deutsche Bank 24 Heidelberg
Adenauerplatz 1
69115 Heidelberg
Acount :0194423
BlZ: 67270024
Swift code:: DEUTDEDB672
Iban: DE21672700240019442300
Resiver are :
Knopf Motorradreisen
Bürgerstrasse 21
69124 Heidelberg
Germany

The you have to add 15 US Dollar or 10 Euros Banktransferfee to it witch my Bank is charging me.
Service less the 2 weeks of start the Insurance there is a 12 Dollar or 10 Euro fee for
special Handling.

Notice : I need all info corregt at one time .Also if there is a diffrent Owner or Driver we need the Name .Send us a clear adress where to send the Papers.
In Germany Mail takes about 2 Days
InEurope Mail takes between 3-6 Days
To the USA normal 4-7 Days
Rest of the world arround 1 week.
Fedex avalibale too it is from 45 to 90 Euro.

If you have moore Question please visit oure website : www.Knopftours.com klick the american flag and go to Greencard. Or send us a email.

Greetings Stefan Knopf

P.S If you travel Europ you need help or a workplace for youre Bike or Just visit Heidelberg ,we have a Motorcycle workshop where you can work ,we have a B&B and all you need.Just let us now befor you come.
Have a great Trip!!

beachman said:
hi guys, bought my hp2 last week, am absolutly stoked.
Bringing my bike to europe in july, would love to meet anyone on the road. Will follow up with trip details. Would appreciate any advice re bike insurance while in europe. Also any advice on accesories, luggage, performance, tanks,suspension settings etc

I've just had the HP2 at home for the weekend. If you want to ride the HP around Europe good luck.
The HP is not for me. Out of the seven which came to NZ in November last year only two have a owner. Looks like there will be a fire sale before the end of the year for the other 5 HP2's.

what ever happened to congrats

Hey Kiwiadventure man,
dude, we like what we like, its expensive yes and that may put some people off and in NZ's case i suggest that 7 HP2's would equal the GDP of New Zealand. Had to say that..... If you like boxer engines you would have to love the weight of the bike, the handling, the suspension, the engine and the simplicity of it. U may not like, the fuel and luggage carring capacity and the lack of gadgets compared to the 1200 gs or 1150 gs's.

Its one very exciting machine to ride. What are u riding at the mo? All feeback is cool.

Hey you know most BM riders who love their r80's through to the modern day BM's and who venture off rode a bit have considered what it would be like to ride a lighter boxer...

Re Europe, why good luck? if u have some experience re riding over their on a HP or any other bike it would be appreciated.

beachman said:
Hey Kiwiadventure man,
dude, we like what we like, its expensive yes and that may put some people off and in NZ's case i suggest that 7 HP2's would equal the GDP of New Zealand. Had to say that..... If you like boxer engines you would have to love the weight of the bike, the handling, the suspension, the engine and the simplicity of it. U may not like, the fuel and luggage carring capacity and the lack of gadgets compared to the 1200 gs or 1150 gs's.

Its one very exciting machine to ride. What are u riding at the mo? All feeback is cool.

Hey you know most BM riders who love their r80's through to the modern day BM's and who venture off rode a bit have considered what it would be like to ride a lighter boxer...

Re Europe, why good luck? if u have some experience re riding over their on a HP or any other bike it would be appreciated.

If the HP2 was what I wanted I would have the bike in the garage, but it's not. It's not a bike to go touring on.

It's not so easy to just go off road in Europe. In a lot of places it is not allowed. If I was going to tour I would get a 1200gs or 1200rt. The rt is OK on gravel. Man I love riding gravel and the HP was really great on short rides, but the 1150 adventure is a lot better for touring. I could blast down a gravel road at 160kph and still be in control.

My past bikes: f650 dakar, r1150 adventure, r1200gs and my present bike is a r1200rt. I was going to have the HP2 as my second bike, but now it may be ????????????

Back
Top Bottom