This is a tough one...

VFRman

Reaction score
...looking to upgrade SPIII with another Garmin, choice betwean 2720 or 2610 problem I have can I justify £220 :eek: difference in price for the text-to-voice feature and (some day soon) traffic info?

What other features over the 6510 does the 2720 have that bridges the gap please.

VFRman said:
...looking to upgrade SPIII with another Garmin, choice betwean 2720 or 2610 problem I have can I justify £220 :eek: difference in price for the text-to-voice feature and (some day soon) traffic info?

What other features over the 6510 does the 2720 have that bridges the gap please.

It'll be just like Steven Hawkin giving directions.
How cool is that.

Doesn't the 2720 also announce speed traps, rather than you having to keep an eye on the screen? If so that's £60 (and three points) off set against the cost!

Mark

Or you could keep an eye on the road which sounds safer still :D

Does the 27 series have the new GPS chipset? If so it should be faster at satelite acquisition than the 2610. But the 2610 is still a very good unit, way ahead of the SP3 in terms of redraw and calculation speed for example.

The extra feature you might find most useful is full 7-digit UK Postcode searching.

Back
Top Bottom