WooHoo!

Blue Sweeper

Mod Squad
Reaction score
One seriously mad bike with street wheels fitted. This is the GS I've been waiting for, best of both worlds.

Want dirt, you can have it, want a street tool, you can have it.

Imagine a light stripped down 1200GS with tuned engine, seriously sticky tyres, uprated suspension and Remus Can, plus very predictable steering. This is peg down action.

WooHoo indeed. :D

Rear wheel takes all of five minutes to change, front takes a little longer. :mmmm

Attachments

• DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 906
Hi Tim,

I'm just trying to figure out how to have serious fun on the way down to Morocco through Spain and then change the wheels for off-road fun when I get there. ;)

Panniers are the last thing I'm thinking of right now, although I notice that Touratech do some throw over paniers for the HP2. Wonder if they would manage to deliver by next year. :rolleyes:

Also it needs something to sort out the tank range for touring on. :mmmm

blue sweeper

im doing the same in july....from paris down to spain etc, when are u going.
Also the tank capacity is something i also want to sort out before i go.

Is that a chicken strip I can see....?

Roy, you've still got a chicken strip on your rear tyre..... not that mad a bike then!!! :D

No ETA in my SM wheels yet so I'm affraid I wil not be speaking to you for a while.......! :thumb

That was after a 60 ride to gently scrub the tyres in. No chicken strip there now after 150 miles :D

I've also had to do something about the number plate, it's started to melt from the exhaust heat. :(

It's from a company called Puig. The website is www.puig.tv then do a search for Street screens for Naked Bikes and it's a screen for, err a naked bike. Available in various colours including clear.

All you then have to do is cut away the plastic to enable the indicators to fit. I used the original bolts that hold the headlamp in place to mount the screen on the bike.

Price in the UK is about £30 if I remember correctly. The screen is also available from a company called Hien Gericke that have a number of shops here in the UK.

My number one accessory, as it enables at least 20 MPH increase in cruising speed and protects from windblast.

Had 130 MPH indicated on the speedo the other day (on a race track of course :rolleyes: ) and it still wanted to go on, but I ran out of road, whoops sorry, track. :mmmm

Blue Sweeper, wouyld it be possible for you to post some closeups of the screen. (1 from the cockpit too please). It looks good from the side!

Karlz said:
Blue Sweeper, wouyld it be possible for you to post some closeups of the screen. (1 from the cockpit too please). It looks good from the side!

Sorry it's a bit out of focus. The two chrome plated screws are to fix the reinforcing plate behind the plastic.

side.jpg

mrTickle said:
...found this on the Hein Gericke site...is it the same fairing as yours ( apart from colour - yours looks like a light smoke tint )? Cheers in advance, Geoff

http://www.hein-gericke.com/uk/product_info.php/products_id/1712

Yep, that's the one!

All you have to do is turn the mounting brackets up the other way and saw off a bit from them, drill a new hole for the headlamp mounting screws (as in the photo) and cut some of the plastic so that it clears the indicators.

Back
Top Bottom