HP2 centre Stand ?

(RIP) philgunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
in the handbook for the bike it shows a diagram of a Maintaince stand / Centre stand , I have asked the local dealer about this and they cannot find it listed , doe's anyone have one of these or know if it exsists , i have a pic of a German or Dutch modified bike with it on and I sure would like one, if it does not cost a arm and a leg,
as an alternative is there any rock on / motocross stands available that fits in through the hole in the rear swingarm

Gunner

Attachments

• Hp2_Centre stand.jpg
    Hp2_Centre stand.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 6,760
Phil,

That stand looks like it's straight off a 1200. Hope that helps.

Errol.

P.S. Met you in Lisbon in Jan. Let me know next time you are messing around in the sand etc... would love to give it a go again.

philgunn said:
in the handbook for the bike it shows a diagram of a Maintaince stand / Centre stand , I have asked the local dealer about this and they cannot find it listed , doe's anyone have one of these or know if it exsists , i have a pic of a German or Dutch modified bike with it on and I sure would like one, if it does not cost a arm and a leg,
as an alternative is there any rock on / motocross stands available that fits in through the hole in the rear swingarm

Gunner

Maybe a Paddock Stand, for a K12S/R or the new R12S.............would work if it goes through rear bevel box hole

According to the BMW instruction book that came with my street wheels the part number is:

Auxiliary Stand HP2 (00 1 651)

Although I use a a paddock stand from Hein Gericke

Part number : 29000260

Not sure if it still available though.

:rolleyes: They spend a fortune lightening the bike by taking everything off......you spend a fortune buying it then another fortune putting all the bits back on again :rolleyes:

Treat it like a BMX.......jump off it, let it drop where it stops.....it's rufty tufty ain't it?? :D

Auxiliary Stand HP2

the trick Fanum is that you only use it in the Garage or changing from trail wheels to Supermoto wheels , my bike is already lighter without the std BM front end plastic and rails

Gunn

ps thanks for the reply lads , and more sand riding due shorly in Co Clare !

Auxiliary Stand

Phil,

Auxiliary Stand is available from your dealer, though it is listed as a workshop item not a customer part, so the delivery time will be a bit longer. Got mine ok aftet a couple of weeks.

The part is shown on your CD ROM Repair/Maintenance Manual (you did get one with the bike didn't you??) Part number is listed as 00 1 651 in the manual.

There is also a paddock stand available for the HP2 (and prob. GS1200) with two sizes of spigot to fit the axle bores front and rear, but to change the front wheel tou need to remove the axle.........

Got this Aux. Stand for changing the SM/Dirt wheel sets as you mentioned in your post.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Rick.

ps. Broken shoulder at the Red Kite Rally healing slowly!!

centre stand

just hit the wreckers near by as they all wreck 1150gs's and grab a very cheap centre stand. What head light is that on the bike it looks trick.What else have u done to it and what settings do u run your suspension

to RickA and all - Thanks

thanks for the bit of info

"Auxiliary Stand is available from your dealer, though it is listed as a workshop item not a customer part," have passed on this gem of info to the dealer and we will see what happens

"The part is shown on your CD ROM Repair/Maintenance Manual (you did get one with the bike didn't you??) " Did you have to buy this manual or did it come with the bike ? i have not heard of this item before

"There is also a paddock stand available for the HP2 (and prob. GS1200) with two sizes of spigot to fit the axle bores front and rear, but to change the front wheel tou need to remove the axle......... do you have a price you paid for the centre stand and paddock stand

Was that you who i was speaking to at the start of the Red kite rally ?
I am dreadful with names , that was bad luck with your accident after such a short spin , info on you was sketchy at the red kite and hopefully it will not put you off playing with the HP2 in future rally's

and I did not get to hear the music from your complete exhaust system

Regards

Gunner

Aux Stand and Supplied Items

Hi Phil,

The CD ROM repair/maint. manual came in the box of bits supplied with the bike. Very usefull fuly interactive repair/maint cd. All that is missing is the Parts Book which would be useful for identifying part numbers.

The box of bits included:
Cyl. Head protectors
Handguards
Headlight Protector
Rear Drive Protector
Brake Pedal brush-guard cable
Air-intake water deflector ( Doesn't work that well - drowned the bike at the Red Kite! )

Aux stand was about 60 quid if I recall correctly, pricy but a good bit of kit. Bike balances nicely on it for wheel changes.

The Remus system on my HP2 sounds good, not too loud at all. The system is virtually the same weight as the original however, much to my suprise. The cat on the BMW headers is very light and the pipework is very thin wall - the Remus will stand up to more knocks I think. I have seen many photo's of works BMW bikes with well bashed pipes.

The Cambrian will prob be my next comp on the bike, but intend to get plenty of off-road miles on her before that, so no, injury has not put me off!

Cheers, Rick.

ps. If anyone out there knows of any Trail Riding hols/guides in France, would love to hear from you. ( Or Ireland for that matter - Phil! )

Can this "center stand"/maintenence stand be permanently mounted on the bike????

Id love to fit a true center stand for the BMW HP2....one that stays on the bike and can be used when parked and what have you........

If this BMW "center stand" is only a work stand...can it be modified into a real center stand???...

If not....does any aftermarket company make a true HP2 center stand???

Thanks for any help

:)

Auxiliary stand for HP2

I tried to buy the auxiliary stand p/n 00 1 651 from a dealer in the US and was told that that part number was no good. The number they gave me was p/n 833 00 4 11 142 with a cost of $416.00 US. Can anyone conferm this new number is the same part as the old number. Thanks, Don

Aux Stand

MT Don,

Part number in the Repair Manual is shown as 0 001 651. BMW parts are all 11 digits however and your dealer may not recognise this number. (Probably because this part is listed as a workshop item not a part to be supplied to a customer.)

Try 80 00 0 001 651. This is the full 11 digit BMW part number shown on the box the stand came in.

Cheers, Rick.

daotoys1 said:
Can this "center stand"/maintenence stand be permanently mounted on the bike????

Id love to fit a true center stand for the BMW HP2....one that stays on the bike and can be used when parked and what have you........

If this BMW "center stand" is only a work stand...can it be modified into a real center stand???...

If not....does any aftermarket company make a true HP2 center stand???

Thanks for any help

:)

The workshop stand cannot be fixed all the time as it works the wrong way round. (see the pic at the top of the page. Lever faces to the front not the rear.)

BMW dealers will not recognise the part no in there system as it comes from Cartool - this is the company the supplies all of the special tools for BMW.

Hope this helps. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom