New GS - Rumour or true!

MarkR

Anyone help me? Currently riding an F650GS and planning to buy an 1150 soon. But I've heard runours that there's going to be a new model later this year. This makes me nervous as if this is true I'm not sure that I want to buy now, or wait for the new one (if there is one?). Anyone know the truth please?

So it is true!

Thanks.

Interesting that there may be an 850 and a 1200? If it's light enough the 850 would be a fun bike. Either way this is going to reduce the price of the current model when it comes along. I doubt that they will be able to charge much more for the new one than they already are. The market won't take it especially as the competition is slowly getting better and better.

I think that I'll put a few more miles on my 650GS before I trade it in and see what happens.

Re: So it is true!

MarkR said:
I think that I'll put a few more miles on my 650GS before I trade it in and see what happens.
Not a bad idea of you're not in a big hurry. Normally September is the time for new models to appear, so in 4 months you'll know whether there's any truth in the rumours.
Enjoy summer on the 650 :thumb
Michel

re new gs

From what I've seen the new propossed GS is quite different to recent models and I'm hoping that the change will be to radical for some, making the 1100/1150 gs's even more desirable (that's the theory anyway) You can't really go wrong with the current models,incredible bikes....go on, you know you want one.!!!

New GS

I have it from a reliable source that the new model will be shown at the 2004 NEC show and will be available in the UK from March 2005. Time will tell!

Another 'reliable source' (who told me about the Adventure months before its release) reckons the new model will be:

1. Released in 18 to 24 months time and
2. Initially at least, will be released alongside the current model, not replacing it.....

MikeO;)

Re: So it is true!

MarkR said:

Interesting that there may be an 850 and a 1200? If it's light enough the 850 would be a fun bike.

Wouldn't hold your breath on that, the 850GS and the 1100GS are exactly the same weight - 536 lbs wet. Fair to assume that the new model will be very similar

March 2005!

Bloody hell. Can't wait that long. I'll have gone through several bikes before then. My F650GS goes in for service on Fri 2nd May so they're going to give me an 1150 to play on while it's being done. I'll have to see how it goes after that.

Re: March 2005!

MarkR said:
Bloody hell. Can't wait that long. I'll have gone through several bikes before then.

My we are a heavy user.

The French mag Moto Magazine showed last week (the same spy photos we've all seen) that the new GS will be launch in Sep of this year, in Paris and Milan. They confirm that it is 1200 cc, 95 hp and 30 kg less wait. Apparently, this was "announced" in the German Motorrad mag.

Mike Werner said:
30 kg less wait...

30kg is a lot but still does not get it down near the KTM 950. The 95 means round 85 at the wheel. To be honest I am happy with the power especially its band and would rather have less weight...

HeatedGrips said:
And you lose 7kg simply by junking the cat

Done that, I had a Remus plus Y piece installed before taking delivery of the GSA.

Still I need to go to the Gym as she is bloody heavy when stacked up with touring gear etc...

HeatedGrips said:
And you lose 7kg simply by junking the cat

Not in this case, as apparently the cat is incorporated in the exhaust. Just look at the spy photos and you'll see how big the silencer is !!

the bloke on the WPsuspension stand at the nec assured me that 2004 bikes are to be equiped with whitepower shocks so that'll piss on ohlins sales in the future. it'll be interesting to see the new bike when it finally arrives.

Back
Top Bottom