The demise of RUPPs

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I checked the legislation today and, in England, RUPPs are indeed now out of bounds for pogos. If anyone is interested, the Order is here.

I spoke with the RoW Officer for Hertfordshire today who helpfully told me that OS maps for this area are pretty accurate, so I've had a look tonight at the route of the recent Wombat/Fords run.

The bad news is that about half of the route is now not usable (but we can still use the lane where the old boy politely tolds us we shouldn't be riding!!

The good news is that I think that there's still enough left to make a good day out! I'm working on it!!

:thumb

Greg

Greg Masters said:
but we can still use the lane where the old boy politely tolds us we shouldn't be riding!!
Well, I reckon 2 hours riding up and down that single lane ought to do then. With a stop to scrape mud off tyres and boots at each end :D

BTW - have you checked the "track" for the Wales weekend? of course I couldn't possibly suggest that we all lose our number plates somewhere up a hill ;)

Clive said:
BTW - have you checked the "track" for the Wales weekend? of course I couldn't possibly suggest that we all lose our number plates somewhere up a hill ;)

It shouldn't affect the Wales weekend as the current Order only covers England.

Greg

Greg Masters said:
It shouldn't affect the Wales weekend as the current Order only covers England.
At the moment...
http://www.glass-uk.org/pages/news/topical_2006/nerc_bill.htm mentions "In the end, the new provisions started in England on 2nd May 2006, Wales to follow soon."

A post on http://www.trailbikemag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3765 mentions
"Effect in Wales
--------------------
None. The Welsh Assembly has yet to pass the Statutory Instruments
giving the effects as per England. No firm date known, probably within a
month or two. "

I've done a search on the Welsh Assembly website and the website of the Office of Public Sector Information. Not even a draft SI comes up on either .... yet!

Greg

The Welsh assembly are concerned about the effects on human rights, The English don't give a toss :nenau

The Welsh Assembly might also realise the damage it would do to their tourist industry - then again they might not be that forward thinking.

A small respite in North Wales comes fomr the fact that most decent lanes there are UCRs or BOATs, which are still perfectly legal ... for now. DEFRA reputedly has plans to close those next though.

We've got loads of RUPP's around here and downgrading them to 'Restricted Byway' status ain't going to stop me riding them :thumb

Nice 'n' Fat said:
We've got loads of RUPP's around here and downgrading them to 'Restricted Byway' status ain't going to stop me riding them :thumb

here here

Til you get nicked and they take your bike away! That's what its like in Essex and Kent at the moment. You get one warning, then next time its bye bye pride and joy! At least, thats if you get caught... Happy dirt riding Amigo. M.C.

I ride wherever i can. Fat bikes and thin! Foot paths, Bridleways, Farmland. They can build as many houses as they like on our Dumps. I'll just ride round them! I'm a real dirt biking menace me! Ride Free Bruv....

Well if you like to spend a day riding the lanes of Wiltshire, West Berkshire, Oxfordshire and Hampshire give me a shout :thumb

Sounds good! Cant do this sunday, but monday or tuesdays fine for me. Anyone else fancy it? Cheers, M.C. 07787113409.

It'll have to be a weekend from Saturday 10th June onward as the new 525XC doesn't arrive untill the 3rd and things have to be fiddled with & fettled accordingly :thumb

Anytime from the 10th onward is game on :clap

Paul

07879 454171

Nice 'n' Fat said:
It'll have to be a weekend from Saturday 10th June onward as the new 525XC doesn't arrive untill the 3rd and things have to be fiddled with & fettled accordingly :thumb

Anytime from the 10th onward is game on :clap

Paul

07879 454171

Excellent stuff.....perfect attitude!!(dont let the b'stards grind ya down!!).

Back
Top Bottom