Mesage for Mike O ref lights

Duncan

Yo dude, I saw from your avatar that you have fitted some hi level lights, Iwas thinking of doing similar. Any chance of a close up piccie??

Blurdy hell that was quick! Not sure how the seat is doing, it's been in Wales for a while........the all black one is spot on tho' Now have new wheels too, and a couple of other bits @ a sprayer mates in Taunton:cool:

P.S. Do you run them with High beam, low beam or independantly?

Duncan said:

As far as my lower mounted aux lights go the answer to all the above is yes.

I have a relay linking them into high beam. In parallel I have an auto-switch from the indicator cancel switch linked into another relay so that I can run them independently from high beam if I want to. While the lights can be quite dazzling at night when used with low beam in traffic, they are ideal in the day giving you a real presence on the road.

Mike

Duncan said:

I've actually changed my lights since that pic was taken, but still have 4 extra lights. They are configured as follows:

Dip beam - 2x fog lights (the lower ones) + normal dipped headlight

Main Beam - 2x spot lights (the upper ones) + normal main beam

I also have the fog lights independently switched (via an Autoswitch) so that I can revert to normal dipped beam in case I get pulled by a particularly pedantic John Q Law (which hasn't happened yet). Gazza sent me a wiring diagram showing how to achieve this set up (I really didn't want to be riding with 6 lights on) and I can post it if you need it.

Cheers

MikeO:)

Have you turned into a MOD!!

if this doesn't work - i won't try again.

Attachments

• lambretta gp 225 1970.jpg
    lambretta gp 225 1970.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 223
What did you keep in the locker in front of your knees:confused:

Don't tell me....................a Handbag:D

Nice Can though;)

CC

:cool:

Mike O said:
I've actually changed my lights since that pic was taken, but still have 4 extra lights. They are configured as follows:

Dip beam - 2x fog lights (the lower ones) + normal dipped headlight

Main Beam - 2x spot lights (the upper ones) + normal main beam

I also have the fog lights independently switched (via an Autoswitch) so that I can revert to normal dipped beam in case I get pulled by a particularly pedantic John Q Law (which hasn't happened yet). Gazza sent me a wiring diagram showing how to achieve this set up (I really didn't want to be riding with 6 lights on) and I can post it if you need it.

Cheers

MikeO:)

Does your alternator manage to keep up when you have all your lights on the go? I thought about adding some more, but with the heated grips, gps etc, I was worried that it would consume more power than the alternator could replenish, so I have stopped at just one eyeball light so far.

No problem. The Adv comes with the uprated alternator as standard. With the light configuration I've been running, you're using a maximum of 110w over the original design spec. I've run with this light setup plus, occasionally, heated grips and waistcoat (as well as Malky's 'Widetail' LEDs & a Touratech aux stop & tail light) for 20k miles without any adverse effect on the bike.

Cheers

Mike:)

Back
Top Bottom