Nav 2, Nav3 and 2820

happy grandad

I have the Nav2 at present.

My first question is this:

Will my present set up (BMW Nav2 cradle, power cable etc) be able to be used for the new Nav 3? I would not have to change or add anything as the Nav3 would fit the present system.

Second question is:

If the Nav3 is based on the 2820 (or 2720) would a new 2820 fit into the BMW Nav2 cradle and use the same power leads etc that are already on the bike?

If this is so it might be worthwhile me waiting for the release of the 2820 and fit it into my present cradle rather than ordering a Nav3. This may be a much cheaper option

Thanks

I believe that the SP26xx, SP27xx and SP28xx all use the same cradles and power leads.

The BMW cradle buttons will not work with a Garmin SP2610 and I would guess that the same would probably be true for the SP 2820

Burnie is correct with both responses.

1) The Nav III works in a Nav II cradle - although I am pretty sure that you can only buy the Nav III in a kit that includes a Nav III cradle.

2) None of the non-BMW branded GPSRs made by Garmin will take advantage of the buttons on the BMW cradle. You can put the Garmin brand GPSR in the BMW cradle - it holds it fine and the power connections are the same - but the four buttons will not work.

Michael

Michael/Burnie

Thanks for the confirmation that the 2820 will not work in the cradle. It looks as though I will have to go for the Nav 3 and have a spare cradle

I

Back
Top Bottom