Anakee vs. Tourance

HarveyMushman

Can anybody offer a comparison of Michelin's new Anakee and Metzler's Tourance? I'm using Bridgestone Trailwings now and want something with better max lean performance. :eyebrow

I've just had a new Tourance on the rear of my bike to replace an Enduro4

Combined with the warm weather it is fabulous in comparison.

:D :D :D

Being able to pump it up to full pressure is an obvious advantage over the TyreWeld filled old one!

Pity National Tyres put a big groove in the wheel when removing the old tyre.

Just put a claim in for 500 notes for a replacement plus my wasted time.

Can't comment on the Annakee - I like the Tourance and will stick with them unless there is a big price differential. Wear rate is not something I am too concerned about.

Tim,

having used Tourances for the last 15k miles, I've been so impressed by their performance that I find it hard to believe there is another tyre to beat them. They grip very well in both the wet & dry, last well (14k on the front so far, 7-8 k on rears) and allow you to do some gentle off-road (although only really in the dry).

The Anakee has had some good write ups but, unless there's another Tourance 'drought', I just don't see the point in swapping from something I rate so highly.

MikeO:)

ps Had Trailwings fitted new - they were bloody awful & I was glad to get shot of them:)

Annakee

My only experience with the Annakee was fitting a set to an Africa Twin, found it made the steering really sharp and wanted to perform like a sport bike, much sharper than the Bridgestone’s they replaced, if that’s what you are after then Yes they will do the trick, they have a high profile for a big trail bike tyre.
I will stick with the Tourance on the gs I find them excellent!

Regards
Les

Thanks for the input, fellas. I figger I'll go with the proven Tourance this time 'round.

anakee vs tourance

having just done 15,100 miles on a set of tourances ,tried to replace them but being on backorder,had to have some anakee fitted ,as of to italy on sataday.will be intrested to see how they last.

Back
Top Bottom