Riding from London to Japan

Intrepid Ken

Hi All

My wife and I are riding out of London on the 1st June on 2 old GS's. We are heading through Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia and then down Japan. If anyone else is on the road heading that way or has been that way it would be great to hear from you. (the wife has read Sorebones before someone tells me about it)

We have established a website and shall be updating on the way, should anyone be interested, kenandtoni.com

My latest interest is where is the last place in Russia that I can buy tyres. I've been given coordinates for a place in Novokuznetsk however if anyone knows another place I would be keen to know about it.

Ken

hi ken . sounds a fantastic trip ,makes our european trips look like a trip to local shops. where did you find a wife who would join you on a trip like that, you lucky sod. anyway, all the best mate, keep it upright and will keep an eye on your progress .

Latest post ...

... from http://www.kenandtoni.com/ which doesn't appear to have caught the interest it deserves :nenau although the site doesn't have a hit counter.

This is a photo of a corner in Vladivostok.

We arrived around noon on Tuesday 8 August.

While we have enjoyed the journey, we are tiring of Russia and are keen to escape, hopefully by plane. We met another bike traveller who has been here for 3 weeks trying to organise his return to St Petersburg by train. His travelling companion has just left on a flight, with bike, to Alaska. We are told that the customs process is a 'few days' even if we take the ferry to Japan. We would then have to spend a day registering our bikes with the Japan authorities, ride to Tokyo and organise flights to Hong Kong. So, we'll let you know how we get on.

oblertone said:
... from http://www.kenandtoni.com/ which doesn't appear to have caught the interest it deserves :nenau although the site doesn't have a hit counter.

This is a photo of a corner in Vladivostok.

We arrived around noon on Tuesday 8 August.

While we have enjoyed the journey, we are tiring of Russia and are keen to escape, hopefully by plane. We met another bike traveller who has been here for 3 weeks trying to organise his return to St Petersburg by train. His travelling companion has just left on a flight, with bike, to Alaska. We are told that the customs process is a 'few days' even if we take the ferry to Japan. We would then have to spend a day registering our bikes with the Japan authorities, ride to Tokyo and organise flights to Hong Kong. So, we'll let you know how we get on.

Thanks for the link - awesome.

London to Japan

I've enjoyed reading of your adventure so far some nice photo's and good ride report hope all goes well in the day's that lie ahead.

Ride safe

Schultz

London to .... well bloody close to Tokyo

After 11 weeks on the road (10,000 miles) we finally got to Japan and only had 200 km's to go to get to our Tokyo destination when my wife's bike's rear dif or driveshaft became ..... well stuffed :spitfire

Bad crunching noise and can not be pushed backwards. So we finished our trip by hiring a truck. The bikes are now being shipped to Hong Kong for rebuilding. We shall update the website during the coming week, but our trip has now finished.

If anyone is coming to, or through Hong Kong over the coming months let me know perhaps I could give you accommodation in exchange for you bring a few spare parts :mmmm Of course I'd pay for the parts

Ken
www.kenandtoni.com

Fantastic, well done to you both. Somehow missed your site and now look forward to reading about your adventures (but not at 4am)

Again well done :clap :clap

Jim

Back
Top Bottom