Daytona boots supplier ...

silvermog

Reaction score
So, after 2 1/2 years my Alpinestars SMX3 Gore-Tex boots have been letting in water ... if there is one thing I hate its wet feet ... so I think I've decided on a pair of Daytona's (probably the Road Star GTX or Trans Open GTX) to replace them.

Every Daytona wearer seems to swear by them and I want a boot which is comfortable for year round daily riding in all weathers. So looking around for a supplier, does anyone have any recommended suppliers for Daytona's or experience of http://www.fc-moto.de/, as they seem to offer about the best prices for same ...

Any info gratefully received ...

silvermog said:
Cheers ... good selection of kit ... but they work out to be 100quid more expensive for a pair of Daytona's than the website I posted ;-)

Worth a trip tho probably ...

Are you sure? For the Non-stop boots I bought for £165 the .de site works out about £20 cheaper (210 Euro). Certainly not enough of a difference for me to use an overseas supplier. Far too many bike shops are closing as it is and I like to have somewhere to go to try things on.

GLF is very good btw.

wessie said:
Are you sure? For the Non-stop boots I bought for £165 the .de site works out about £20 cheaper (210 Euro). Certainly not enough of a difference for me to use an overseas supplier. Far too many bike shops are closing as it is and I like to have somewhere to go to try things on.

GLF is very good btw.

I agree whole-heartedly about the supporting local shops (after all I wouldn't know what size boots suited otherwise) but on the more expensive boots (the Trans Opens for instance), the cost diff. is 279 (GLF) vs. 179 ... thats less than 2/3 of the price!

Admittedly, you have to add postage, etc and the hassle for returns, but thats an annoyingly high difference. BTW, in this instance, there are cheaper UK high street retailers at 264 ... but their stock situation seems to be poor!

Worth scouting around ... then see if the local retailer can come a little closer and maybe they'll get the business.

Back
Top Bottom