1200 GS Adv - Quest Mounting.

topper

I have a RAM Quest mount and cradle on my beloved Dakar which is heading back to the dealers as new 1200 Adv is en route.

What solutions are people using to mount here?

Thanks

:thumb

Dutch

High Street Dalkeith? How're you getting on with your new neighbours? :D

So that mount clamps to the top windscreen tube yes? And I can then mount my RAM cradle and power assembly to it and wire in as usual? How is vibration in this area?

Binned the Garmin motorbike mount after wearing two out :eek: so hope to be able to use the RAM one as it seems better and saves me buying a new one.

Cheers :thumb

Topper

topper said:
Just spotted it's the same address?? :nenau

Well spotted that man........we sub-let office space upstairs.....

To answer your question, the screen crossbar is just about vibration free even on uneven road surfaces/offroad.......probably the most stable mount we've produced to date.......

Cheers

Dutch

topper said:
I have a RAM Quest mount and cradle on my beloved Dakar which is heading back to the dealers as new 1200 Adv is en route.

What solutions are people using to mount here? Thanks :thumb

Topper,

I helped darkhorse get his 12GSA sorted and the thread and his pics are http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71611

To balance this reply then also look at the Belgian GS Wizard's option (migsel.com) which has a click thru banner in the forum.

In a few weeks or so, Dalkeith may be the place to call into and get a RAM mount and cradle ..

I have mounted my 3 inch Ram mount.
ram-b-149z.gif
on the top screen bar of my ADV, even whilst of road, no vibration, very, very stable, and plenty of room for the 'U' bolt to get behind the screen. Sorry no pics. Also lets you place it right in front of your field of vision. Excellant :thumb

Thanks for all the feedback guys - much appreciated!

I've got exactly the kit that Baron has on my Dakar, so I might just swap that over in the meantime and see how it performs - reckon Dutch's is pretty neat though so might give that a look next time I'm in Dalkeith!

Cheers

Topper

Back
Top Bottom