help ... streetpilot start-up

Phil Reynolds

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, I'm sure I've seen this before on this site but I can't find it anywhere so I'm asking for your help: I've just bought a Streetpilot 111 and as yet haven't got it fitted to the 'bike.

What I have done is plugged it into the cigar lighter socket in my car and switched it on........... for me this is progress!
However, when it fires up, it shows a foreign map on it. My question is: how do I change it to show the UK?
I would appreciate all CONSTRUCTIVE advice. p**s takers not welcomed.

Phil,

first up, have you got a European base map version? (did you buy it cheap on ebay or from a more 'legitimate' source?). Secondly, have you loaded any maps from your Mapsource software into the datacard.

I know it's not a 'bloke' thing to do, but the 'Quick Start' manual only takes about 5 minutes to read through.......

MikeO:)

ps 'Piss Takers not welcomed' was asking a bit much, posting a question like this, wasn't it? ;)

maybe.......

Try using the rocker switch and get the cursor over the area where you, press enter and see what happens.

CC

Korea

Phil, it will boot up to its last location which I think is somewhere in the far east where they are constructed. Leave it to locate itself and it will show you at your present location.

The difinitive answer.

Press "menu" twice. to give you the "main menu"
highlight "GPS Info" using the rocker thing.
press "enter"
press "menu"
hightlight "new location"
press "enter"
wait while it finds the local satelites.

SORTED. (I hope)

Thanks chaps, I'll give it it a go & follow your instructions.

Cheers,

Phil

Attachments

• biker_riding_chopper_md_wht.gif
    biker_riding_chopper_md_wht.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 88

Back
Top Bottom