estonia/sweden ferries

spot

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone please tell me whether i need to book the boat from estonia to sweden of whether i can just turn up? Im hoping to sail aroundabout 13th July but dont want to fix a definate date. Also does anyone know how long it should take to ride from holland to estonia , what sort of daily average can be expected after germany?I have booked a ferry from gothenburg to newcastle on saturday 15thjuly and expect to leave harwich on sat 1st july. Hope thats enough time! Thanks . John

You can get from Paldiski (EST) to Kapelelskär (SWE) - cheaper way, but not that dense timings. Then the regular way is Tallinn to Stockholm, works around every day me thinks.

From Holland to Estonia doable around 4-5 days overland hitting straight. After nice German autobahns you get bleedin' Poland, i recommend to take the speedway from German border to Warszaw, at least you can get some of it go trough reasonably safe enough, no guarantee though, probably the speedway is under construction on some parts as Poland mostly is. From Warszaw try to take non-main roads all the way to Lithuania - people say it can be better than to take the main road, i've tryed once and it wasn't better - still overcrowded, but it doesn't mean it's everywhere the same. Full day riding from very early morning to very late evening can get you through Poland, not guaranteed tho and not recommended - shiiite traffic - don't get exhausted, stay focused all the endless number of trucks till horses on the road and add shit road to it all (grooves done by massive trucks, be careful especially on the right side of the road - it can be some 20 cm deep with sharp wall)! So preferrably do Poland in 2 days, and ride in the style like you are completely invisible to anybody else on the road, it's the best way to avoid the accident.

Through Lithuania & Latvia you can do about 6-8 hours of continous riding to Estonia on Via-Baltica main road. Much better and faster to move than silly overcrowded Poland roads filled with uneducated arsehole drivingstyle fukwits :spitfire.

Hope this helps.

Margus :beerjug:

spot said:
Hi, can anyone please tell me whether i need to book the boat from estonia to sweden of whether i can just turn up? Im hoping to sail aroundabout 13th July but dont want to fix a definate date. Also does anyone know how long it should take to ride from holland to estonia , what sort of daily average can be expected after germany?I have booked a ferry from gothenburg to newcastle on saturday 15thjuly and expect to leave harwich on sat 1st july. Hope thats enough time! Thanks . John

You can take Margus's word for that... as he's been there...on a number of occasion I do believe... :mmmm :D

and one in particular not to be repeated... :(

Has the ice started to melt in Estonia yet.... :eek :D

The website for the Tallink line is here. Book the ferry and a cabin.

Make sure that you travel on the MS Victoria - it's an awsome ship. Find the totty in the Karaoke Bar (Ken, can you post a photo?) - but make sure that there's not any pissed scousers crooning away (only joking Loz! :D ).

Get up early enough to see the islands on the approach to Stockholm - it's massively picturesque!

:beerjug:

Greg

[QUOTE= silly overcrowded Poland roads filled with uneducated arsehole drivingstyle fukwits :spitfire.

Don't sit on the fence - tell us what you really think!! :D

Greg Masters said:
Make sure that you travel on the MS Victoria - it's an awsome ship. Find the totty in the Karaoke Bar (Ken, can you post a photo?)

With pleasure Greg: :D

Only problem - I didn't get much Totty - but I did get a lot of Botty :thumb

bums1.jpg

Some of it VERY cheeky

bums2.jpg

Firm:

bums3.jpg

three at once anyone?

bums4.jpg

Needed to be close to the action?

bumface.jpg

Very tasty :D

bumming.jpg

Greg Masters said:
but make sure that there's not any pissed scousers crooning away (only joking Loz! :D ).

It was no joke :eek:

loz.jpg

-Why do you guys like where the stools are coming from that much?
-Because of the smell?
I don't get it - if I was a guy I'm sure I would prefèr the opposite side of the body... a little higher. :confused:

Oh well... life is a mystery... and so are men!!!! ;)

:) Liv.

Tsiklonaut said:
From Holland to Estonia doable around 4-5 days overland hitting straight. After nice German autobahns you get bleedin' Poland, i recommend to take the speedway from German border to Warszaw, at least you can get some of it go trough reasonably safe enough, no guarantee though, probably the speedway is under construction on some parts as Poland mostly is. From Warszaw try to take non-main roads all the way to Lithuania - people say it can be better than to take the main road, i've tryed once and it wasn't better - still overcrowded, but it doesn't mean it's everywhere the same.

You can choose also an alternative southerly route through Poland - going from Dresden to Wroclaw to Warszawa. This is mostly wide road with separated lines, not that "so usual for Poland" narrow road crowded with heavy traffic. After Warszawa choose road 61 to Augustow. A lot less big trucks - those are using road E67. I tried this route in April and it was much better than overcrowded direct route from Berlin to Warszawa. It took about 12 hours from border to border in 57kW Seat Inca with two BMW's on trailer :)

regards,
randel

randel said:
You can choose also an alternative southerly route through Poland - going from Dresden to Wroclaw to Warszawa. This is mostly wide road with separated lines, not that "so usual for Poland" narrow road crowded with heavy traffic. After Warszawa choose road 61 to Augustow. A lot less big trucks - those are using road E67. I tried this route in April and it was much better than overcrowded direct route from Berlin to Warszawa. It took about 12 hours from border to border

Been riding through Poland 7 times with the bike. I haven't done the Dresden Wroclaw road, but it wouldn't give much credit.

The only nice roads i ever got in Poland are on the south Krakow area and on the north Szecin-Bydgoszcz.

The rest are real shite i've driven through almost every direction in terms of traffic. Well everything seems OK until someone fecks you up with unexpected manuver trying to go faster than others :)spitfire). Anyways, i'll take a long no-Poland-please brake after my crash in Poland.

Some parts are newly made two way carrier roads in recent year or two, but it doesn't help much since they make it with gaps. Maybe things get better somewhere 2010 or 2015 if they get their real first autobahns. The taxable road from Berlin to Warszawa is a first proper step.

Margus :beerjug:

Room 101 said:
Has the ice started to melt in Estonia yet.... :eek :D

It is summer (well almost) overhere! :beerjug:

If all goes wellllllll, then in about 1 week i should be gaduating the uni and after that it's time for a gewd proper long ride under the warming Sun. :bounce1

Cheers, Margus :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom