Quest - OEM cradle and wiring to battery

Invicta Moto

Reaction score
Chaps,

My Quest no longer charges from the the bike's battery, and I suspect the fuse. The one in the oem holder is a grey jobbie and I can't see if the filament has blown. Even with my reading glasses I can't for the lifeo f me make out the rating on the end caps as it solightly stamped.

Any one know? It looks like 250v 1.5amp, but this seems a high voltage for automotive use?

I've been on Garmin's website and not had a reply... yet.

Invicta Moto said:
Chaps,

My Quest no longer charges from the the bike's battery, and I suspect the fuse. The one in the oem holder is a grey jobbie and I can't see if the filament has blown. Even with my reading glasses I can't for the lifeo f me make out the rating on the end caps as it solightly stamped.

Any one know? It looks like 250v 1.5amp, but this seems a high voltage for automotive use?

I've been on Garmin's website and not had a reply... yet.

Are you using the garmin mount and wires??

Many posts on similar topic, but the Garmin cradle (IMO) is dodgy - I've had the contacts fall apart under fairly light use - so it may be something other than your fuse.

If you decide to change it, go for the RAM setup/cradle/power.

My 2c!!

Mollers01uk said:
Are you using the garmin mount and wires??

Yes.

robD said:
This:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68668&highlight=nick

maybe related to the issue.....

...or not

Have you tried temporarily bypassing the fuse?

-Rob

Yep, touching the contacts minus fuse works and the unit lights up as power is fed to it's little electrical veins.... fuse it is...

But what is the f*cker..... 250v? Surely not...?

topper said:
Many posts on similar topic, but the Garmin cradle (IMO) is dodgy - I've had the contacts fall apart under fairly light use - so it may be something other than your fuse.

If you decide to change it, go for the RAM setup/cradle/power.

My 2c!!

Had mine a year and apart from this hiccup the cradle is in good nick and problems have been PICNIC in usage rather than hardware.

I did price up the Ram setup plus the necessary change to the top of the existing RAM Mount and it was the wrong side of £50 to change. I have had no problems at all with the audio side of things, DOris tells me where to go....

Back
Top Bottom