Dirt Bike Show

Wasn't that impressed with the show last year to be honest. It was just wall to wall race bikes, nothing of interest to normal trail riders, and total indifference from the industry to the legal threats to the hobby.

Added to the 15 quid entry fee, the general attitude seemed to be to fleece the punters for as much cash as possible.

I didn't go last year but have been previous years. Seemed like a good place to aquire cheap off road kit and not a lot more ;)

Mouse said:
Wasn't that impressed with the show last year to be honest. It was just wall to wall race bikes, nothing of interest to normal trail riders, and total indifference from the industry to the legal threats to the hobby.

Added to the 15 quid entry fee, the general attitude seemed to be to fleece the punters for as much cash as possible.
Thanks - saved me a few bob :thumb

Mouse said:

AGREED(with caps!!)
It's just like a big MX hypermarket with NOTHING being sold cheaply.Barely anything to suit the trailriders although the TRF had a stand which was mainly built up through the TBM forum.....credit where credit is due and all that.

Very good point, the TRF stand was good and they made quite a few quid for the TRF's fighting fund :)

I won a bottle of 2 stroke oil in their raffle. Had to buy a 2 stroke bike to use it in.

Mouse said:
I won a bottle of 2 stroke oil in their raffle. Had to cheaply bodge a 2 stroke bike out of a 4 stroke bike to use it up.
Fixed ;)

i'll be there

its my first time at that show!!! looks pretty good from what ive seen/heard

Keith Chapman said:
I will be there on Saturday :thumb

May see you there. Got to drop my bike at SBW for service, so depending on what load hack I get, may shoot up there. If not Sunday.

Keith Chapman said:
I will be there on Saturday :thumb

Me too! Just got to confirm what time my lad needs dropping off/picking up in Coventry. I'll carry a rolled up copy of TBM :D
Mark

i'll be easy to spot..............

........i'll be the only under 40 to go near the BMW stand :p :rob

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom