PDA

View Full Version : Dirt Bike Show

Green Man
25-05-06, 14:55
For all you mud-pluggers and ford-dippers...

"BMW sign up for the UKís biggest ever Dirt Bike Show at Stoneleigh Park
BMW will exhibit at the Dirt Bike Show at Stoneleigh Park this November, marking another first in the eventís six year history..." :eek:

See link here
http://www.adventuremotorcycle.org/latest-news/bmw-hit-the-dirt.html

Mouse
25-05-06, 15:55
Wasn't that impressed with the show last year to be honest. It was just wall to wall race bikes, nothing of interest to normal trail riders, and total indifference from the industry to the legal threats to the hobby.

Added to the 15 quid entry fee, the general attitude seemed to be to fleece the punters for as much cash as possible.

Nice 'n' Fat
25-05-06, 19:11
I didn't go last year but have been previous years. Seemed like a good place to aquire cheap off road kit and not a lot more ;)

Clive
25-05-06, 19:44
Wasn't that impressed with the show last year to be honest. It was just wall to wall race bikes, nothing of interest to normal trail riders, and total indifference from the industry to the legal threats to the hobby.

Added to the 15 quid entry fee, the general attitude seemed to be to fleece the punters for as much cash as possible.
Thanks - saved me a few bob :thumb

BLUE(UK)
26-05-06, 13:37

AGREED(with caps!!)
It's just like a big MX hypermarket with NOTHING being sold cheaply.Barely anything to suit the trailriders although the TRF had a stand which was mainly built up through the TBM forum.....credit where credit is due and all that.

Mouse
26-05-06, 16:57
Very good point, the TRF stand was good and they made quite a few quid for the TRF's fighting fund :)

I won a bottle of 2 stroke oil in their raffle. Had to buy a 2 stroke bike to use it in.

Clive
26-05-06, 22:32
I won a bottle of 2 stroke oil in their raffle. Had to cheaply bodge a 2 stroke bike out of a 4 stroke bike to use it up.
Fixed ;)

Mouse
28-05-06, 10:09
I wondered why the GS was smoking a bit ...

y2blade
03-11-06, 13:49
i'll be there

its my first time at that show!!! looks pretty good from what ive seen/heard

y2blade
14-11-06, 10:20
anyone from here going?

:nenau

darkhorse
14-11-06, 10:36
may pop along to see if I can get some kit

Keith Chapman
14-11-06, 10:50
I will be there on Saturday :thumb

darkhorse
14-11-06, 11:14

May see you there. Got to drop my bike at SBW for service, so depending on what load hack I get, may shoot up there. If not Sunday.

Keith Chapman
14-11-06, 11:59
May see you there. Got to drop my bike at SBW for service, so depending on what load hack I get, may shoot up there. If not Sunday.
White carnation at the ready :D

earthmover
15-11-06, 13:23

Me too! Just got to confirm what time my lad needs dropping off/picking up in Coventry. I'll carry a rolled up copy of TBM :D
Mark

y2blade
15-11-06, 15:15
me too :) suposed to be dry saturday too :D

y2blade
17-11-06, 21:35
i'll be easy to spot..............

........i'll be the only under 40 to go near the BMW stand :P :rob

:beerjug: