HP2 heated handgrips not working

kdt

I managed to find a set of BMW heated hand grips for my HP2. After installing them and checking everything there is no heat when switched on in either med or high positions :anger .. Is there something that has to be done with the diagnostic software to turn them on?

damned computers

I'm over 100 km from my dealer and it's raining.. Good thing it's not cold :D

Software for HP2 ?

I guess I could get in a lot of trouble with that :eek: I'm pretty savy with my laptop... Anyone?

Software for HP2?

I think the best and perhaps only hope in that respect is if the protocol for the GT1 is the same as it is for BMW cars. If it is and Ross-Tech ever get round to releasing BiM-COM, any news of which seems to have disappeared from their website, then we might be able to interrogate BMW motorcycle ECUs via a laptop.

Fixed...

Had my bike into the dealer and they put the diagnostic computer onto it. After a 1 hour download of updates it allowed the grips to be switched on. :)

The mechanic told me the computer would not allow him to fix the problem until the update finished.. One update was with fuel distribution. My bike seems much smoother and less farting and sputtering on deceleration now.

My low fuel warning light was not working. The software got this fixed this up as well.. :thumb

kdt said:
Had my bike into the dealer and they put the diagnostic computer onto it. After a 1 hour download of updates it allowed the grips to be switched on. :)

The mechanic told me the computer would not allow him to fix the problem until the update finished.. One update was with fuel distribution. My bike seems much smoother and less farting and sputtering on deceleration now.

My low fuel warning light was not working. The software got this fixed this up as well.. :thumb

What,

You got an update that stopped that cool exhaust farting?
Well I have to make sure they don't give me that update when my bike goes in next week. I thought the farting added character to my bike.

Bario

Schtum said:
I think the best and perhaps only hope in that respect is if the protocol for the GT1 is the same as it is for BMW cars. If it is and Ross-Tech ever get round to releasing BiM-COM, any news of which seems to have disappeared from their website, then we might be able to interrogate BMW motorcycle ECUs via a laptop.

NA/Canada markets do not use GT1......simply laptops with the correct terminals & software......

D

Farting

bario said:
What,

You got an update that stopped that cool exhaust farting?
Well I have to make sure they don't give me that update when my bike goes in next week. I thought the farting added character to my bike.

Bario

It still farts and sputters but is more apologetic :eek: Seems improved ;)

software and connection

Dutchman said:
NA/Canada markets do not use GT1......simply laptops with the correct terminals & software......

D

Getting the software and updates would be the biggest challenge. The dealers love this exclusive means of keeping the backyard mechanic at bay :mad: Nice to see performance improved from the latest download.. :thumb

Are you making a GPS mount for the HP2?

Dutchman said:

D

Actually I don't know about other areas but my dealer here on the west coast of Canada uses the GT1. In fact he was just last week showing me the unit and how it works. Much, much more than just a laptop and cables.

Bario

kdt said:
Getting the software and updates would be the biggest challenge. The dealers love this exclusive means of keeping the backyard mechanic at bay :mad: Nice to see performance improved from the latest download.. :thumb

Are you making a GPS mount for the HP2?

KDT,

I just heard that my heated grips just came in. Rusty says he can get them on and working before the trip. Looks like I'll also be on the new fart reduced diet after he does the updates for me.

Are you going to be able to make the trip??

Bario

Make the trip?

bario said:
KDT,

I just heard that my heated grips just came in. Rusty says he can get them on and working before the trip. Looks like I'll also be on the new fart reduced diet after he does the updates for me.

Are you going to be able to make the trip??

Bario

Hi Bario!

Still not sure as I've got to crunch some $numbers. I usually take it down to nub before getting a job. I should be able to pass on a two day :rolleyes: I've got a resevation in Kaslo which will be the most difficult..

Good news on the grips and the low fart diet :eek:

Back
Top Bottom