HP2 Low fuel warning indicator not working

kdt

Had to push a couple of km after running out of fuel due to the warning light not coming on. My dealer said another HP suffered from this for a short time then it started to work again. I have not had time to get it checked out by my dealer yet. Any sollutions I can try myself anyone can suggest? :confused:

Just to let you know mine did this once to me. In fact it was on the very first tankfull. Luckily it's as light as a feather to push! This is also when I found out how weak Batt/starter and charging system was as I bumped started myself away from the petrol station.

Checking my fuel level

Maybe a good thing not to get too used to using the warning light. The tank is easy to see the fuel level through. Pretty hard to do while riding though. Resetting the trip helps :rob

Software fixed it..

After a software update my mechanic at the dealer was able to get my low fuel warning light to work again.. Don't think I will rely on it any more.. :rolleyes:

fuel

mine did not work once but is now working.......luckily my mate was with me and rode back to get gas for me.
BMW should be reading these stories so as to update our bikes and fix all these bugs.
That said im loving my bike very much and everday i ride it im finding little things apart from monos all over the place, that make me love the bike i.e. low speed manouvering, before u think about it u are turning around obsticals at a crawl....committed and feetup and confident the bike doesnt want to fall to the ground.Donuts , where u put your fot down and give it some gas and have the arse come round..stuff normally done on a smaller lighter bike...

beachman said:
mine did not work once but is now working.......luckily my mate was with me and rode back to get gas for me.
BMW should be reading these stories so as to update our bikes and fix all these bugs.
That said im loving my bike very much and everday i ride it im finding little things apart from monos all over the place, that make me love the bike i.e. low speed manouvering, before u think about it u are turning around obsticals at a crawl....committed and feetup and confident the bike doesnt want to fall to the ground.Donuts , where u put your fot down and give it some gas and have the arse come round..stuff normally done on a smaller lighter bike...
Bloody hooligan! :thumb

Mine did not come on after yesterday's offroad ride through the lanes. Did stick it in a ditch and again on it's side on a steep uphill :augie

I still took a chance to ride it into work this morning and then my nerves got the better of me and drove into the last fuel station closest to my work. Filled up on 149.5 miles with 12.94 liters :eek: Think I would of made the 30 odd miles back home tonight :eek :blast

Will keep my eye on the mileage as I always fill up around 120/130 mile mark and get it sorted the next service hopefully :gringo

My fuel guage didn't work for nearly a year. Seems OK now though :nenau
Glad mines not the only one.
Not a feature of the bike to rely on.

Just waiting to have mine replaced for the second time...:spitfire

I think you're just jinxed Dog... or maybe Jim keeps sabotaging your bike so you will sell it to him :p

HP2 Pushed to the limit....!

Mine ran out on Sunday night much to Forry's delight when he passed me pushing my 'very light' HP2 to the 'closed' fuel station in Berwick upon Tweed.

I had ridden 200km and was patiently waiting for the warning to come on when, you guessed it.......!!

It was the 'first tankful' aswell and I was on 'trip 1' if that makes any difference.

I was quite surprised how far I managed to ride on that 'piddly wee' tank after 30 litres on the GSA!!

Only time I had to push mine was up a very very long hill.... 200kms? How on earth did you manage that, I will get maybe 170kms if I am lucky, fuel light usually comes on at around the 110km mark for me. :blast

Had to push a couple of km after running out of fuel due to the warning light not coming on. My dealer said another HP suffered from this for a short time then it started to work again. I have not had time to get it checked out by my dealer yet. Any sollutions I can try myself anyone can suggest? :confused:

Meine stoped worken by 10000km thank god I get 220km aut of a tank full I carry a alloy 1l feul botel in a insolated Bag and a 1m of 5mm hose with me cheep alternative to biger tank or pushing your bicke

Filled up yesterday at 142 miles (of the Peak Districts finest dry but dark road conditions) with 12 miles still left on the count down, and only managed to get 10.74 litres in.:nenau
At 14000 miles the engine seems nicely "loose" now :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom