Pocket Bead Breaker

Garry H

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I had a puncture on my R80 Basic a few weeks ago...Tubes fitted in tube type tyre...Do you think i could get the bead to break :bow ...Some makes come off with a struggle with tyre leavers or by walking on them with your heels....If you got another bike you can use the side stand...But some of the stiffer side wall types wont budge....Thinking to myself if this happened on the trail i would have been in trouble :eek:...So i made this...Mini maglight is there for scale

Attachments

• bead3.jpg
    bead3.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 3,200
Here it is in action

Attachments

• bead2.jpg
    bead2.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 3,105
It also works fine on tubeless tyres..I tried it on my R100GS..And My 1100 GS with longer spacers....Packs away nice and small too :thumb

Attachments

• bead1.jpg
    bead1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 2,966
Very nice bit of kit.

Check this similar Aussie product - getting a puncture in the outback is a bit different to the M1.

http://www.tyrepliers.com.au/Products/Kit115.htm

KIT115new.jpg

A major business opportunity Garry.
Get the production line set up - and me first in the queue to buy one.
I have used G clamps and packers, one leg of the centre stand, scaffolding poles and taken the wheel to the nearest tyre fitter.
We are too relaxed about removing tyres in the UK knowing that vehicle recovery will be a phone call away.
Get machining !

A great post. It has certainly made me think about the issue. If produced would certainly sign up for one.

If all else fails

and you are careful and have someone to help, you can use the centre stand to break the bead.

With the offending wheel removed, lean the bike over and place the tyre under the centre stand so the foot of the stand linesup with the bead. then lift the bike upright. the weight should pop the bead.

I have used this method and it works OK you just have to be careful. :thumb

I thought it was in the old owners hand book, the same one that gave you warmup exercises to do after a couple of hours riding :nenau

EXCELLENT

Put me down for one Gary :thumb

fritz said:
Want one too ! :thumb

If you can combine it with method of reseating the bloody tubless bead on the tubeless rim your fortune is made :clap

Butane !

Pocket Bread Baker

Any chance of a picture of one of the little loaves this thing bakes? :bounce1

This post has had a lot of interest :eek:
I could make a few if people are interested
But due to the time and materials i recon they are going to be 40 quid a throw ...Otherwise it's not worth the effort
As for the G clamp tried it to big and heavy to carry around !...Before i made this i had a good look around..Not much about thats compact. Thats why i made this...If there is enough interest i will make a few :thumb

Back
Top Bottom