Alpinestar Vector boots - do you own one?

Deleted Member I

I tried these on at the local HG shop. Looks very storm trooper like :D

How are they on the bike? Read in previous posts that you have to adjust the gear lever because of the rigid nature of the boots.

Anyone uses these boots on a stock 1200 GS? :nenau

Also when they get wet .. do they get really messed up? (i.e. smelly .. mouldy .. etc??) :nenau

Thanks in advance :thumb

I tried these on and liked them a lot. They are good for me as they have a velcro strap to tighten the top which gives you a lot of adjustment if you have 'large' calves :eek:

On the down side they have very little tread on the soles as they are a supermoto boot. This will mean they are none too clever off road when the going gets slippy :eek:

Great boots, comfy from the word go.
would recommend them :clap

I've been thinking of getting a pair too - are they ok over leathers? I wondered if they were too tall (for knee sliders) or too slim fitting if they are designed to go over those flimsy mx trousers.
I'm also a bit worried that because the ankle is rigid I won't be able to point my toe to make that precious last inch to the ground my 31" leg will require on the GSA12 I've got on the way. :eyebrow
They just look soooooo cool though and are a must to go with a tour-X :ymca

The problem with MX and Enduro boots is comfort or should I say lack of comfort. This includes the Vector boot. They look cool but they weigh a ton and feel as stiff as ski boots. I've had motoX boots for years and hate them, so a little lateral thinking is needed. So whats the answer? Easy,

PING! The answer, for me anyway, Alpinestars Trials boots in white, Pure pose value :thumb They are called 'No Stop Boot' and fit like a glove, flex well and are comfortable all day and they are cheaper then Alpinestars Tech boots
http://www.alpinestars.com/moto/boots_nostop.html
Trust me they look so coooool in the flesh. :cool: The only problem is they are not too easy to get hold of.

Mermoto

Here's Mine!

Don't know what some people are on about! :ymca my ar*e :eek:

Look good but stiff as a stiff thing. :eek:
Could be slippery if wet. :eek
Nice hemet though :nono

:confused:

Skip.

Attachments

• AStars Vectors.jpg
    AStars Vectors.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 166
  • tourx_white.jpg
    tourx_white.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 135
  • StreetCuffs7091.jpg
    StreetCuffs7091.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 144
Hi

Rode the Vectors for about 3 years and they are sound boots. The only problem is that the white bits turned a tab stained yellow colour.

Other than that they are great.

A brilliant boot. Very comfortable. Leaked a bit at first but once i adjusted the rachets on the quick release buckles they haven't leaked since, even in the wettest conditions. :thumb
Does help if you get a brake pedal extender fitted on the 1200.

mermoto said:
They are called 'No Stop Boot' and fit like a glove,

Mermoto
Might be better to wear them on your hands then! ;)

mermoto said:
The problem with MX and Enduro boots is comfort or should I say lack of comfort. This includes the Vector boot. They look cool but they weigh a ton and feel as stiff as ski boots. I've had motoX boots for years and hate them, so a little lateral thinking is needed. So whats the answer? Easy,

PING! The answer, for me anyway, Alpinestars Trials boots in white, Pure pose value :thumb They are called 'No Stop Boot' and fit like a glove, flex well and are comfortable all day and they are cheaper then Alpinestars Tech boots
http://www.alpinestars.com/moto/boots_nostop.html
Trust me they look so coooool in the flesh. :cool: The only problem is they are not too easy to get hold of.

Mermoto

They look great :thumb

So how much and where from then? :nenau

comfy boots - and get even comfier with age - they are NOT WATERPROOF though, if they do get wet they take ages to dry out - they are quite hot, particularly when you stop.....

i'd buy them again-

I think I will try them on the bike and see if they are not too rigid.

Mutley,
HTML:
They look great
WTF, you should stop watching Starwars so often :ymca

I actually own 2!! A right & left and love them. wear nothing else on the GS. They are very stormtrooper but since when was that a bad thing? Not quite white Tech 8's but they will do.

Not waterproof at all but fit over leathers ok and under cordura troosers too. Nice and chunky for booting wing mirrors off.

I agree with Tartan Terror. I have a pair, they look great are comfortable and offer great protection but do leak at the first signs of proper rain. :(

Back
Top Bottom