Vibrations

christfb

Currently on my third GS and have put my old remus racr can and Y piece on the new Adventurer but am now get loads of vibrations at speed via the pegs and bars.

have check all bolts etc and the dealer says its coz of the remus, but it didn't do this on the old GS. Anyone esle had problems and found the answer.

Been there. After I did the mods to my GS it went a lot better but it was vibrating like a pig at high rpm (5k+). Stuck one of those R259 techlusion boxes on it and it was transformed. Smooooooth and much better pick up off the throttle and mid range with a little bit of top end thrown in for good measure.

Now that I have had it on for a while I have had the chance to go some distance on touring/cruise mode and the mpg is as good as ever. I think the vibration you are experiencing may be mixture related. It could be borderline weak now that the bike is breathing better with the can etc. It seems that not all GSs experience this problem. You, like me, may be one of the unlucky ones. Its 200 quid ish for the Techlusion but in my opinion money well spent.

:D

My last GS vibrated a bit sometimes...till I stopped filling it up from 'JET' petrol stations!!!

Yep Remus race and all of a sudden vibration , anyway doesn't Fi automatically compensate for changes in fuel/air ?

took panzers advise and balanced the carbs all the vibes have gone and i'ts transformed the bike.
dont know if this applies to aftermarket cans but i'ts a step in the right direction
reards jon b

Hi Big Den, nope, the system only compensate fuel/air mixture on closed loop, that is when the bike is at tickover or very light throttle openings. After that it runs on open loop, which is dictated by the mapping on the chip. Found that one out the hard way. :D

Only the odd time, probably cos it has a slight air leak at the exhaust pipe joint. It used backfire like a twat but since the R259 was fitted its just about stopped.

Keep the faith :D

The standard muffler has an isolation mount. Is this transferred to the Remus?

Dont know, for some reason mine had an oddball exhaust bracket. Never seen one before or since, bizzare. Had to cobble up a rubber mount myself.

Back
Top Bottom