hp2 in the dakar ?

mr moto

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
anybody know if the hp2 can be entered in the paris-dakar? i know they keep changing the rules every few years, but i think that an hp2 in the worlds toughest race would be something worth seeing ;)

Certainly over the last few years large capacity twins have not been allowed I think - hence BMW switching from their boxer Dakar bikes to the F650 based thingy. As the organisers seem to want to make the bikes even slower in the cause of "safety" I can't see them allowing a monster like the HP2 in.

Would be interesting to see what a Dakar prepped HP2 would look like though ... huge fuel tank, big screen, roadbook holder etc ... it'd look like an R1200GS Aventure :D

mr moto said:
anybody know if the hp2 can be entered in the paris-dakar? i know they keep changing the rules every few years, but i think that an hp2 in the worlds toughest race would be something worth seeing ;)

Dakar ready HP2 will be much lighter and faster then any BMW HPN bike ever build, i guess maybe even faster then any KTM, there is NO chanse that rocket is going to dakar, the organizers will not allow that. if i'm not mistaken today rules restrict twins to 450cc.

but i would love to see that bike at dakar :)

the other hope is Optic 2000, or Masters Rally.

Back
Top Bottom