Anyone have any info on Eastern Europe Map Coverage for TT RIDER (LOCAL)

Sax

I've trawled the WWW for any information on whether TT has or will have maps to cover Eastern Europe, but to no avail. I would appreciate any relevent info you peeps have.

I am heading off to the Black Sea in July and would enjoy the ease and laziness of GPS. Otherwise back to the good old paper charts. Which brings up another point, anyone recommend a chart style that would be LAT LONG friendly?

Thank you in advance for any info.

I've got information on Garmin compatible GPS maps of Poland (which I used in my 2610) if thats of any use to you. :nenau

Taff thanks, TOM TOM Covers, Poland (ish) and Czech Rep. What I'm looking for is Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Serbia, etc. Cheers anyhow.

Taff said:
I've got information on Garmin compatible GPS maps of Poland (which I used in my 2610) if thats of any use to you. :nenau

Please Taff, are they compatible with the Quest 2? :bounce1

Sorry to hijack your thread Sax :eek:

fcasado said:
Please Taff, are they compatible with the Quest 2? :bounce1
You may have hijacked Saxs thread, but at least you've bumped it to the top again. :D

I assume the Polish maps are compatible with the Quest 2 - they were advertised as "Garmin compatible". I downloaded them to Mapsource (just like the City Navigator maps), downloaded them to the 2610 (just like the City Navigator maps) and they worked exactly the same as the CN maps - in fact the unit transferred from the Polish maps to CN seamlessly on crossing the German border. They weren't cheap, but I didn't need to look at my paper maps once on the whole trip. There were about 4 minor glitches in the whole trip - eg the unit said "turn left" when the map clearly showed a right turn (if in doubt - follow the map) but nothing serious, and I would have no hesitation in using them again tomorrow.

If you need more info please feel to PM me. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom