Engine Bash Plate - Recall

Karlz

Reaction score
There is a recall notice on the HP2 to replace mounts on the bash plate with, I believe rubber mounts.
If this is not done, then its possible for the crankcase to be split and as long as you have been notified, will void your warranty.

Mine were replaced yesterday.

Vital recall

There is also another vitally important recall that my dealer insisted I have done....................

The tyre pressure sticker under the seat had a wrong digit and had to be repalced!

You have been warned!

Rick. :)

My little rubber bungs are sat here as I type,and my sticker has been stuck on(close call with the sticker,could have been dangerous :rolleyes: )

I was told it wasn't a recall,because it wasn't a saftey issue,but an enhancement(Mbw speak!)so if you haven't been informed by the people themselves,give them a call and find out what goes.

Karlz said:
There is a recall notice on the HP2 to replace mounts on the bash plate with, I believe rubber mounts.
If this is not done, then its possible for the crankcase to be split and as long as you have been notified, will void your warranty.

Mine were replaced yesterday.

Can't believe it's taken 7 months for BMW to get around to doing this!
PNB

Called my dealer in Sweden today and he called BMW, they have no recall on the bashplate mounting. Can anyone take a photo of the recall and post it here or email it to me?

/Swede

Swede said:
Called my dealer in Sweden today and he called BMW, they have no recall on the bashplate mounting. Can anyone take a photo of the recall and post it here or email it to me?

/Swede

it's not strictly speaking a recall. look at verns thread.

Swede said:

/Swede

In Finland they do this recall fix. My bike will be done next month

Back
Top Bottom