What do I need to mount a 2610?

PIGGLET

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've currently got a Ram mount which was supplied to mount an SPIII (round mounting plate with holes of different offsets attached to a ball which the SPIII cradle srewed to). Is this compatible with the 2610 at all or do i need something else to attach it to the Ram arm? Also is the SPIII power lead different to that of the 2610?
When i had the SPIII mounted using the above mentioned kit it was located in the middle of the bars above the crossbar & obscured the warning lights. Is there a to avoid this and still have it mounted centrally :nenau

All sugestions gratefully recieved :bow

Hi Pigglet:

You have one half of what is required. The other component that you need is the bracket from Garmin that actually grabs the GPSR. This has 4 holes in it that line up with the round plate (with the ball on it) that you already have from RAM.

If you purchase the complete package, it comes with a motorcycle specification cable (with bare ends), the bracket, and four special bolts and nuts that are designed to work with the RAM bracket you already have. Here is the URL for this part at the Garmin website: 2610 Motorcycle mounting kit (unit bracket, power/audio cable, screws). The same part works for all the 2xxx series Garmin GPSRs.

Michael

PIGGLET said:
I've currently got a Ram mount which was supplied to mount an SPIII (round mounting plate with holes of different offsets attached to a ball which the SPIII cradle srewed to). Is this compatible with the 2610 at all or do i need something else to attach it to the Ram arm? Also is the SPIII power lead different to that of the 2610?
When i had the SPIII mounted using the above mentioned kit it was located in the middle of the bars above the crossbar & obscured the warning lights. Is there a to avoid this and still have it mounted centrally :nenau

All sugestions gratefully recieved :bow

As Michael says... which is based upon you using the Garmin cradle with their power lead, the kit 010-10495-00 for complete kit, power lead only is 010-10495-02. FYI - Garmin cradles use the AMPS four hole pattern , so the RAM round base from your existing set up is OK. Power leads between SPIII and 2610 are different.

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom