Selective Map storing on Garmin

AndyT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm due to go on a long route throughout Europe and am confident that I can't get all of Europe onto a 6M4MB card. Is it possible to download smaller sections of a country onto the card so as to save memory and only download the areas I'm planning to visit?? I'm sure this is possible as the Dutchman showed me how the maps were set up in the Mapsource software but I havn't figured it out myself yet.

Any help appreciated.

AndyT:cool:

AndyT

Simple. In Mapsource you will you have two panes. On the left there is a pane which has tabs of "Maps", "Waypoints", "Routes", "Tracks" etc.

Click on the "Maps" Tab. This will show you all the maps that are currently selected. Down the bottom it will also indicate the storage requirement.

On the right pane of the screen there is the MAP. You know that geographic thing with streets and parks etc on it. Zoom out until you have a reasonable picture of UK or where you are going. You might notice that some of the cells are pink.

On the menur bar you will see a symbo with yellow highlighting (5 irregular sides). Click on that then with the cursor click on a cell in the MAP and you will see it change colour white to pink, pink to white. Magically when it is not pink it is not in the map list in the left pane.

When you download using USD to the data card all the maps in the left pane will by some trick be loaded onto the data card if it has space.

Word of caution I am colour blind so the pink may not be pink!!!

But if all elses fails you could try reading the manual.

Have fun.

Top Man

Adam,
many thanks for your note. This was exactly what I was after and far quicker than reading the manual. I'll be loading it into the datacard when I get home.

many thanks for yor help.

HAve Fun

AndyT:cool:

Back
Top Bottom